Eggplant Casserole

Hi,

Is there anyone with a Eggplant casserole recipe calling for Pepperidge Farms Herbed stuffing mix???

I had this one time at a dinner fare a long time ago and the Hostess said it had the stuffing mix in it. It was very good and crunchy. I had the recipe for it, but must have lost in a very lot of moves in the past years.

Thanks a Bunch,

Linda67

Eggplant Casserole

One medium or large eggplant
1 box Stove Top stuffing
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
Chopped jalapeno peppers, optional

Method: Peel and slice eggplant; soak in container of water and one tablespoon of salt overnight or for at least two to three hours to remove bitter taste. Drain and place eggplant in saucepan with small amount of water; cook until eggplant becomes lumpy or loose. Prepare stuffing according to directions on box. Combine all ingredients in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for forty-five minutes or until firm.

Eggplant Casserole

* 1 large eggplant
* 1 medium or large onion diced
* 2 medium eggs
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 pkg. of Pepperidge Farms herbed stuffing
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2-3 tablespoons margarine

Cut up eggplant in medium sized cubes, boil in water until done. In medium mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, onion, mushroom soup, and about half of the herbed stuffing, with salt and pepper. When eggplant gets done cooking, drain in colander and put back in large pot; add in the mixture from the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly; then, add the remaining part of the herbed stuffing and add the margarine on top and bake for 15 - 20 minutes in oven at 350 degrees F

Number of Servings: 2-4

Thanks Kitchen Witch,

The second casserole is what I’m looking for. I will make it tonight. I also used the sweet Potatoe pie recipe you found it is perfect, was close to what I made at one time.

Thanks Again!!!

Linda67