Eye Round Roast - crockpot

to see the pictures properly - take the screen size down to 50% - I’m still trying to figure out how to post the pics smaller!

There was a 3-pound rib eye roast in the freezer; so I rinsed it off (I wash everything) and placed (frozen) in my 6 1/2-quart crockpot. Drizzled with a bit of olive oil and seasoned with Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic, parsley, and onion powder; topped with sliced onions - seasoned the same.

Cooked on HIGH and it was done in 5 1/2 hours.

When it was done, I removed it from the crockpot and wrapped to keep warm while I made the onion gravy.

I removed the onions and juices from the crockpot and transferred to a saucepan, added 2 beef bouillon cubes and a couple tablespoons of flour, stirring to cook the flour and allowing the mixture to thicken. Added a couple cups of water and let it simmer to the right consistency.

Meanwhile, I peeled and boiled my potatoes to mash, heated butter beans, and cooked corn on the cob.

Well worth it! Fork-tender and delicious!

I have quite a bit of the roast left and plenty of gravy - so I will slice the meat tomorrow (it will be easier to slice - it’s falling apart!) and freeze it in gravy for a super quick meal - either for sammies or a repeat similar to today’s meal.

KW, that looks so very good! I shouldn’t have looked and thank goodness I can’t smell it 'cause I’m starving. LOL, I’ll grab a cracker and run do my errands.

DS gets off work early this afternoon. I think I’m going to fry us up some shrimp, bake some potatoes and make a salad. I’m going to make some tartar sauce and add some tarragon, hope it turns out good!

Our shrimp dinner has to wait until tomorrow. I got caught up in school paperwork that came in the mail and time got away from me. DS and I went to Olive Garden and I tried mussels for the first time. LOVE them, now I’ve got to learn how to cook them at home. I’ve never eaten them before because I didn’t think I would like them. Boy was I wrong and I’ve been missing out on some good eating all these years.

Anyone with any tips on cooking mussels I welcome the suggestions!

Thank you so very much!

I’ve had a good laugh at myself tonight. When my kids were growing up I remember always preaching to them to try different foods. Here I’ve gone all these years afraid to try mussels thinking I wouldn’t like them, ha! So, to our shrimp meal tomorrow I’m going to add mussels.

Had to go to a training meeting this morning and while I was sitting there only hearing - Blah - Blah - Blah - I started thinking about dinner and for some unknown reason I thought of crab cakes. Now dinner has changed to crab cakes, baked potato and steamed broccoli. I boiled the shrimp we were supposed to have tonight, cooled them off and put them in the freezer. They will come in handy for our first tailgate feast in a couple of weeks. Got the crab cakes made and hanging out in the fridge. I haven’t made those in quite a while, so they are going to be a real treat!

Forgot to add, I picked up our mussels today, too. Wouldn’t you know it, I forgot to get any garlic. Oh well, hopefully they will still be good with just the white wine and butter. :wink:

its time to tase the roast…

isnt it???

i m coming