Fat-free oleo

I don’t know if it’s proper of me to tout a product, but a few years ago I discovered ‘Promise Ultra’~fat-free oleo.
It’s made basically from rice powder, geletin, and butter flavor.
Gotta tell ya’s, it’s great on bread, potatoes, dipping shrimp, etc. Anything not used in cooking, it gives all the flavor of a fake (just being honest) butter.
I’ve not seen a comparable product.
Sadly, some of the retailers here, have stopped selling it, coz fact is, few want fat-free oleo. Like I said, ain’t no way ya’ could use to fry anything.
But trust me, melt it on popcorn, and its a totally fat-free winner !

A fat-free diet is probably not healthy at all for most people. But that fat makes a big difference. The most important thing is not yet. Many sources have led us to believe that peanuts and peanut oil is not the healthiest of these, the oil was the overall winner of most experts.

It was found years ago that during the Depression, many people who ate a lot of home grown Rabbit or personaly hunted and killed Venison(deer) meat, suffered from Nephritus(sp?) due to the lack of fats in the meat. These same people used little, if any other fats, like butter, margerine, lard, unless they could aquirre them in trade or from friends or family farms.

It has been found that the human body needs so much “Fat” be it animal or vegitable fat, to function properly and stay healthy.

Who would’ve thought? People actually need fat.

It’s funny because there are so many diets out there that say “no fat - ever!” but the truth is a balanced diet has a good amount of fat and carbs and sugar and calories. It’s all about balance and moderation. Now, that being said… I’m going to go eat a cookie :wink:

OK…let’s get nick-picky.
There’s different types of ‘fats’ & oils. Solid fats, such as animal fats, trans fats, and saturated fats are not essential. Sure, if your diet lacks good oils, like from fish, and plants, the harmful solid fats are better than nothing.
Yeah, ya’ need fat. Like about 12 grams a day. One tablespoon of olive oil is 14 grams…over the need, but not beyond whats ‘healthy’.
Until ya’ get down to just 30 grams a day (which is your buttered toast), you need to look for as much fat-free as ya’ can find.
Who’s kidding who ?
:wink:

That’s what the late great Julia Child advocated. She lived to 92.