Favorite BBQ marinade

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup Worcester sauce
1/4 cup vinegar more or less depending on taste
1tbs rosemary
1tbs mesquite grille mates
1/2 tbs rosted garlic and herbs grille mates
Marinade over night and grill to likeness.

any sauce with worcester works for me.

fireforless.com - Fireplaces, Fire pits, BBQ, Patio Heaters, Inserts, Screens and more

BBQ using indirect method. Use your favourite BBQ sauce only during the last 20 to 30 minutes of cooking.I believe the original Santa Maria style rub was just garlic salt and pepper.We like the Italian-herb marinade packets from the store.I also like to brine my chicken as it adds moisture and makes it less likely the chicken will be dry.

Soy-Balsamic Marinade

Prep Time: About 5 minutes

Notes: This marinade imparts a rich mahogany sheen and spicy bite to red meats and salmon. The recipe can be multiplied for larger batches; cover and chill up to 2 weeks.

Makes: About 1/2 cup, enough for 1 to 1 1/2 pounds meat, poultry, or fish.

In a small container, mix 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes, and 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced.

Wine and Herb Marinade

Prep Time: About 5 minutes

Notes: If marinating fish, poultry, or pork, use white wine and white wine vinegar; for beef or lamb, use red. The recipe can be multiplied for larger batches; cover and chill up to 1 week.

Makes: About 2/3-cup, enough for 1 to 1 ½-lbs meat, poultry or fish.

In a small container, mix 1/3-cup dry white or red wine (see notes), 3-Tbsp white or red wine vinegar, 2-Tbsp minced shallots, 1-Tbsp olive oil, 1- Tbsp sugar, 1-tablespoon minced garlic, 1-tablespoon dry mustard, 1- tsp dried oregano, 1-tsp dried basil, 1-tsp dried marjoram, ¾-tsp salt and ¼-tsp pepper.