fish batter

Looking for help again.I was just given a lot of fresh fish that would be great deep fried.Can anyone help with a good batter that won’t absorbthe grease from the deep fryer.Thanks to all.

Hi . . .
Just returned from a weeklong family trip to a small lake where we caught a bunch of bass/panfish. Everybody loved the fish I prepared in the following manner (brought my 1-gallon oil capacity deep fryer with me) . . . it couldn’t be easier and the fish comes out crispy with barely any oil residue, and a great flavor. Make as much of the simple coating as you want and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Don’t have a deep fryer? Use a dutch oven on top of the stove and fill halfway (no more) with canola, peanut or vegetable oil and heat the oil using a deep fry thermometer that attaches to the side of the pan.

Ingredients:
Boneless, skinless (that’s how I do it . . . you can scale the fish and leave the skin on if you prefer) Panfish/Bass filets, patted dry with paper towel.

Coating mix: 1 part Lemon Pepper seasoning, 3 parts all-purpose flour

Whole egg, beaten . . . as many as needed

Directions:
Heat oven to 200 degrees. Start heating oil to 375 degrees. In a shallow dish, beat egg. In a separate shallow dish, add some of the coating mix. Dip fish in beaten egg and let excess drip off before completely coating in coating mix. Set aside on a single layer on sheetpan (or whatever) lined with waxed paper until coating gets “gummy” or wet all the way through, about 5 minutes. Fry 5-6 pieces at a time until lightly brown, about 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the filets. Drain on paper-towel lined plate. Immediately season lightly with salt. Transfer to oven to keep warm while frying remaining fish. Serve with tarter sauce. Enjoy!