Today’s Secret Recipe comes from Fresco by Scotto in New York City. Fresco is a popular family-run Tuscan restaurant that serves authentic Italian dishes in a quaint setting.
One of the seasonal dishes on the menu this time of year is a refreshing melon soup served with prosciutto and marscapone cheese. This soup couldn’t be easier to prepare and is a wonderful first course to serve with your dinner.
Secret Fat-Melting Tonic
Discover how this Ancient Japanese Tonic melts 50 pounds of Fat Here
New Secret Recipe
Fresco By Scotto’s Honeydew Melon and Cantaloupe Soup with Prosciutto
Like this recipe? Check out our Collection of Cookbooks – Here
- 1 honeydew melon, cut in half, seeded, and scooped out, and cut into 1-inch piece, reserving the empty melon halves
- 2 cantaloupes, cut in half, seeded, and scooped out, and cut into 1-inch pieces reserving the empty cantaloupe halves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar or season according to taste
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons port wine
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 6 tablespoons Prosciutto di Parma bits (1 tablespoon per serving)
- 6 fresh mint leaves
Place Prosciutto under broiler and cook until crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes, and then set aside. When cool, dice into small bits.
Place empty cantaloupe and honeydew melon halves in the refrigerator to chill while preparing the soup.
In a blender, combine the honeydew and cantaloupe pieces, 1 teaspoon salt, sugar, lemon juice, and port wine, and process until very smooth. Pour into a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 3 hours.
Ladle the soup into the chilled melon halves. Garnish each serving with a tablespoon of mascarpone. Sprinkle the prosciutto bits on the mascarpone, top with a grind of pepper and a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
Source: Good Day New York
Get more secret restaurant recipes on our Secret Recipe Forum: Go Here
Until Next Time… Be Well!