Fresh Strawberry Pie

Fresh Strawberry Pie

I made a fresh strawberry pie yesterday, For the filling, instead of strawberry jello, I used a few tablespoons of strawberry preserves along with cornstarch. I wish that I had discovered this a long time ago. The strawberry preserves have real strawberry flavor to complement the fresh strawberries instead of artificial flavor like the jello. I didn’t have enough fresh strawberries to mash some for the filling, but the preserves really worked well.

1 lb (3 1/2 to 4 cups) (450 g) fresh strawberries, washed, stem removed
1 1/4 cups (300 g) water
3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
1/3 cup (115 g) strawberry preserves
1/4 cup (35 g) cornstarch
1 Tbsp (15 g) lemon juice (bottled ok)
8-inch (20 cm) pre-baked pasry pie shell
Whipped cream topping

Pre-bake an 8-inch (20 cm) pastry pie shell.
Wash fresh strawberries, remove stems, cut strawberries into quarters.
Placed cleaned, cut strawberries in pre-baked pie shell, level out strawberries.

In a saucepan, add the water, sugar, strawberry preserves, cornstarch and lemon juice.
Mix well and simmer, while stirring constantly for 3 or 4 minutes, until thickened.
Pour hot, thickened filling over fresh strawberries.
Gently press and mix the filling around the fresh strawberries.
Level off top of filling and strawberries.
Chill in fridge before serving.
Serve with whipped cream topping.

Makes one 8-inch (20 cm) fresh strawberry pie.

I love strawberries I have interest to try new varieties with this.

i like strawberry very much

wow finger licking pie

All these “new” users with only 1 or 2 posts and a sig line with something to shill just happen to all comment on my recipe within a couple of days. I don’t buy it. One person is shilling from multiple accounts. Shilling is just a nice word for spamming.

the term strawberry attracts me all the time and can’t miss a chance to taste it … and here the whole recipe is made with the same … will love to cook and taste it …