Funny Bunny

My family loves to play a card game called Killer Bunnies. We have been introducing it to our family and friends in hopes of having a big game. As hosts, I wanted to have food for the theme, but cooking actual rabbit is out of the question. Does anyone have some recipes that have Bunny or Rabbit or other related titles in them? I’m going to post one now for Bunny Chow, but I was looking for some more. Of course, carrot cake is the dessert.

Thanks!

Bunny Chow

1 onion, finely chopped
1 T ginger/garlic/green chili mix
(or 1 t each finely chopped root ginger and garlic and 1/2t. finely chopped green chili)
1 t ground cumin
1 t ground coriander
1 t red chili pepper
1 t salt
2 large ripe tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped or grated
1 c butter or sugar beans soaked overnight and cooked until soft or 1 can baked beans
1 loaf unsliced bread
a handful fresh coriander, finely chopped

Over medium to high heat brown the onion in a saucepan and add giner, garlic, green chili, cumin, coriander, chili powder and salt. Let the spices cook with the onions for a few minutes until golden. Add the tomatoes and beans. Lower the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for about 15 minutes.

Cut the loaf of bread in half width-wise and pull out the soft insides, leaving a 10 mm crust shell. Fill with the bean curry and garnish with fresh coriander.

The general idea is to throw together a stew or soup and put it in the bread. It can have meat and really, any spices you choose.

Well, we ended up with just chili, per guest request. But I did play a little joke. We did this on April Fools Day and repeated it with them. I took Starburst candy and made veggie shapes out of them. Orange were grated carrots, green were peas and yellow were corn. I did soften some of them up a little in the microwave and it was a little time consuming, but it was a huge hit! I told them it was an ice glazed veggie mix and they unwillingly tried it. Their faces were amazed to find they tasted sweet! Them munched on them while we taught them the game. The have since bought it and are playing at home, ready to play again! The carrot cake I made went over as well as the chili, no leftovers!
Thanks for the great ideas, I will definately remember them. I don’t think my family would object to a meat loaf bunny in the meantime. I’ll also remember to look for bunny decorations next Easter. It’s silly, but fun.