Hearty 300 Calorie Breakfast Sandwich

I am new here. I am an ameture when it comes to dieting, I don’t follow a program, I just do what I believe is the right way to lose weight and stay healthy. During my time of dieting and learning how to cook (I’m 21 and live on my own, yes I had to teach myself how to cook.) I found some recipe’s that I truley enjoyed. I hope to share more later on.

This is a low calorie Breakfast Sandwich, really great for lunch and dinner as well. Very simple, ready in less than 10 minutes.

1 - Egg
1 - Slice Smoked Provolone Cheese
1 - Turkey Sausage Patty
1 - Whole Wheat English Muffin
1tsp - Butter
Salt & pepper

Cook the Turkey Sausage in a skillet till browned on both sides. (make sure it is cooked through)

Fry the egg in a non-stick skillet (season with salt and pepper) till it’s over-medium to over-hard (I perfer a solid yolk). After egg has been flipped to cook on the “sunny side” wait about 20-30 seconds then place the Smoked Provolone on top of the egg to melt as the egg finishes cooking.

Cut the English Muffin in half, and toast lightly in toaster, remove before it starts to brown. Butter the muffin and lightly toast again (butter side up).

Put egg and sausage in between muffin and enjoy.

You say you’re an amateur, but that sounds like you have a great grasp of the combinations of flavors and substitutions necessary for a healthier breakfast sandwich.

My favorite powerhouse breakfast is a fruit smoothie. Yogurt, frozen banana slices, frozen peach halves, half an avocado, some spinach leaves, and orange juice. Blend it up!

I know, everybody goes “Ewwwww” at the avocado and spinach. The avocado gives a very creamy, silky texture, and the spinach is for nutrition, you don’t taste it at all.

I consider myself an ameture because the only thing I have to thank for my skills in the kitchen is the shows Iron Chef America, and Chopped… And the fact that I love food lol.

Love this. I enjoy making an egg sandwich for breakfast everyday. If you don’t have time to cook eggs, substitute for a hard boiled egg.

I slice a hardboiled egg and put them on 2 slices of toasted wheat bread. Add a slice of lowfat cheese and spice it up with pepper and a dash of salt. If you’re feeling wild, add a squirt of hot sauce! Keeps me satisfied for hours and it is low cal.