hello houstonherdfan here - new guy

After my divorce and I started cooking for the first time in years (at least things outside what the kids would eat) . I have learned I really like to cook and many people say I am pretty good at it. does not seem to difficult, just hate cleaning up the mess afterwards. LOL after cooking several recipies I found in different places I did something I made up.

I call it
Simon and Garfunkel chicken, for those of you who are old enough to know who they are they had a song parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

so here goes

1 can drained rotel
2-3 pounds cooked chicken breast either cubed small or shreaded(your choise - I like shredded it mixes well)
white or brown rice depending on choise (I personnaly like white rice on this)
1/4 to 1/2 (depends on what you want for flavor – the more tart and bite you like the more you put in) cup of balsamic vinegar
olive oil (to prefry the chicken)
1 tblspoon each of parsley, sage, rosemary and the thyme.

cook the chicken until done(I use my George foreman grill to cook it), shread or cube and then pan fry in olive oil until it has the pan fried look and flavor, add the drained rotel and cook on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes while stirring until just a bit of fry flavor and look for the tomatos and green chilis. add the balsamic vinegar and heat until it starts to boil. then sprinkle in the spices while stirring to mix well. turn down once mixed well until just under boiling and stir occasionally and cook until the liquid is about 80% gone. serve over white or brown rice.

I normally serve with fresh Asparagas or my baked green bean/parmagon cheese and olive oil concoction

interesting recipes.