Helping out with a recipe - Vanilla spread.

Hey everyone. First of all i would like to apologize if i am asking this question in wrong thread, if i am please move it to the right one :slight_smile:

So as for my question… I am trying to make a delicious, healthy vanilla spread and as i am not cook expert i would appreciate some help. Currently recipe contains nuts,dates,vanilla and coconut butter. It is quite good but i want to make it better.
Any tip or advice would be much appreciated.
Ty, and have a lovely day!

Welcome to RSN!

We would love to know more about your recipe - so that we can help you. Would you share the recipe and let us know what it is that you are exactly looking for? We could help you much better.

We hope you enjoy our site as much as we do.

Welcome aboard.

KW

Welcome to RSN!

We would love to know more about your recipe - so that we can help you. Would you share the recipe and let us know what it is that you are exactly looking for? We could help you much better.

We hope you enjoy our site as much as we do.

Welcome aboard.

KW

I also have a date spread -

15 medjool dates, pitted and halved
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut cream (from the top of a full fat can of coconut milk)
1/4 cup coconut water (from the bottom of a full fat can of coconut milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt

Place all ingredients in processor - pulse until smooth.

Glad i joined! :smiley: Thanks!
So currently recipe is made of those stuff i wrote above… How much of each depends on how you feel :slight_smile:
I am trying to make it that it can last long, that it is relatively healthy and it must be very delicious…
Also i am currenlty using only vegan ingredients…
Spread is at this moment quite decent but I feel like its missing that one ingredient that would make it even better… As my knowledge of cooking desserts is next to zero i have no idea what to play with.

I want to acomplish not so sweet,vanilla spread that doesnt go bad in a week or two.

It’s difficult to keep things as long as we want. What many don’t realize is no matter what the expiration date is on a product - once you open it bacteria set in and it won’t last that long.

Is the base yogurt or cream cheese?

Is it something you can freeze in portions?

I love a date/nut combination!

What about adding cardamom, cinnamon or some orange zest?

Would you like pumpkin in it?

Maple syrup? Cocoa powder?

Orange juice?

ty! thats just what i was looking for :slight_smile: Plenty ideas and ingredients I can play with :slight_smile: Ill be cooking this weekend and ill let you know what i came up with
Ty again

I hope you find the right combination or two that will be what you are looking for! Please let us know! Happy Cooking!

Just to let you know, I tryied all of your ideas, it was a though day, since i was cooking nearly 6 hours :stuck_out_tongue: Cant believe how professional cooks can manage to work 8 hours a day… Nonetheless, I have made few quite good spreads, but none so good that knocks you black… :smiley: I realized i cant do this with so little cooking knowledge so i am in a search of a help from professional cook :slight_smile:
Ty again for everything

Rome wasn’t built in a day! Some of the best recipes took a lot of work, tweaking, disappointments, etc.

Don’t give up - take one idea at a time - analyze it. Give it a chance. Keep notes of what you did and the results. Take your time and then take it from there. No need to rush.

I did the “restaurant thing” for many years - never had an 8-hour shift - they were always much longer!

You do not need a degree to get your recipe where you want it. Put it down - wait - something will come to you.

But never give up - I have faith in you.

and I’m still here to help!

Wishing you the best -