FOR THE SOUR CREAM
150ml/¼ pint double cream
½ lemon, juice only
FOR THE TORTILLAS
200g/7oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
8-9 tbsp. water
1 tsp olive oil
1 pinch of salt
For the salsa:
2 tsp olive oil
½ onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
50g/2oz mature cheddar, grated, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix the cream and lemon juice. Set aside for 10 minutes to sour.
- Heat the oil for the salsa in a small frying pan and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Blend all the tortilla ingredients in a food processor, until just combined, then knead on a floured surface until silky. Or place into the mixer bowl and mix on speed 3 until combined.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal balls.
- Roll out each ball into a 17.5cm/7in thin round, ensuring you only roll the dough in two different directions.
- Place a small frying pan over a high heat and dry fry the tortillas one at a time for 1-2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Place all the salsa ingredients into the processor and chop on speed 3-4 until mixed but not too finely chopped.
- Serve the tortillas stacked on a plate and topped with the salsa, soured cream and grated cheese.