Honey Garlic Sausage anybody?

Hey there!

I need some suggestions on how to cook some honey garlic sausages. Daughter is fussy when it comes to meat (will only eat chicken), and she doesn’t like just grilled sausages. Maybe some serving suggestions would be good. Thanks!

Hi Aline,

Boy, tough one. How old is your daughter? Does she do well with stir fry type meals or soups/stews? Have you ever tried the Jimmy Dean Maple sausage which comes in bulk or links? (I’ve never heard of honey-garlic sausages, they sound wounderful tho!) How about Your saugeage and a bag of frozen veges–I like those california stye–I’m not sure what to suggest for seasoning, you know what your family likes–
Start with your sausage
brown in 1-2TBS olive oil
then add veges–(your fave kind but the CA style has broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
season to your taste and serve over a bed of rice, couscous, mashed potatoes or even with pasta–I’m thinking-penne
a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top sounds good to me! :smiley:

Have fun experimenting…have a great day!—Noel

Hi Aline…

Try the following: Put the sausage in an oven proof pan/dish. Add one jar of VH Honey-Garlic Sauce, and one jar of water. Cover and put in a 350F oven. The time is questionable as the recipe I have is for chicken and ribs, which calls for 1.5 hrs. Depending on the size of the sausage, I’m guessing the time frame to be 45 min. to 1 hr., or slighty longer for the large Italian or Oktoberfest sausage. Be sure to check the fluid level of the pan; be sure the juices don’t reduce to “next to nothing.” This would go well with a rice pilaf or creamy fettecine noodles…or whatever! Let me know how you make out if you try this. The chicken and ribs version is great…so I imagine sausage would be too. Regards,

B-man :smiley: :wink:

Hi!

Thanks guys for your input. Actually, B-man, I do the same as you for ribs and the V-H sauce. They are good; very simple to make and meat falls off the bone. Perfect dish when you don’t have the time to cook. Just pour and in the oven it goes!

My daughter is a teenager and is quite fussy.

I ended up boiling them for 12 minutes and grilling them on BBQ and served it with rice pilaf and a salad. She ate it anyways. Was either that or starve! hehehe

** Noel - I guess honey garlic sausages is a Canadian thang! :wink: