hoping to get an answer

hi people. i have been looking for cooking/baking forums for a few days.
hoping to get a nice chocolate sponge recipe, for a friends birthday cake that ive been asked to make. i did find a forum a few days ago but nobody bothered to speak to me :confused: So i am hoping to have better luck on here. A friend has asked me to bake a cinderella castle cake for her kids birthday, in chocolate sponge with a chocolate filling. As i have never done one before, i was wondering if anyone on here had any good tried and tested chocolate sponge recipes .

Heres hoping, thanks mim :slight_smile:

Chocolate sponge cake
Serves8
Ingredients

* 175g (6oz) butter, at room temperature
* 3 eggs, at room temperature
* 175g (6oz) super fine sugar
* 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
* 50g (2oz) cocoa powder
* 1tsp baking powder
* ½tsp vanilla extract

Method

1. Grease a 20cm (8in) cake tin and line with greaseproof paper.
  2. Preheat oven to 170°C (325°F).
  3. Cream the sugar and butter into a large bowl, beat until light and pale. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat until you leave a trail on the surface when the whisk is lifted (with an electric mixer, about 5 minutes).
  4. Sift the flour. Gently fold half the flour into the mixture. When it is well combined, fold in the other half of the flour along with the cocoa powder and baking powder. Stir in the vanilla extract.
  5. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin.
  6. Bake the chocolate sponge cake for about 30-35 minutes or until a cake skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
  7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Turn out onto a wire rack and remove the greaseproof paper.

It’s here for you to see and use.

Could this be cooked in a bundt pan?

NO, it won’t work in a Bundt pan.