Hot Scampi Dip, so good I had to share it!

I made this appetizer the other night for our couples golf group, 8 people, and every bit of it was eaten! I actually received the original recipe from my sister in law in 2004 but have made adjustments to it. I served it with Tostito Scoops, Celery and carrot sticks. I think next time I’ll try crostini to spread it on. If anyone has any other ideas on what to serve with it I am open to suggestions. Enjoy!

1 Pound Raw Shrimp, deveined and peeled
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup Minced Shallots
3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
3 Tablespoons Dry White Wine
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
2/3 Cup Half And Half
8 Ounces Cream Cheese
4 Ounces Fontina Cheese
1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Chop shrimp. Heat 3 Tbls of the butter in a saute pan. Add shallots and saute to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and saute until pink, about 4 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Combine the basil and green onions in a bowl and set aside.
Heat the half and half in a saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Whisk in the cream cheese until well blended. Add the fontina and parmesan, whisking thoroughly until melted. Add the chili flakes, oregano, half of the green onions mixture and all of the cooked shrimp mixture. Whisk to blend and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice salt and pepper.
At this point, i made a slurry of cornstarch and half and half and stirred into the cheese mixture until the right consistency for dipping.
Transfer to serving dish. The dish can be prepared up to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 400, sprinkle top with more parmesan and drizzle with 1 Tbls butter. Bake for 18-20 minutes until browned and bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining onion mixture.