As you can prolly tell I am from the south…lol I just joined the forum Looking to find some great recipes to try. Always looking for low salt recipes and some great shrimp recipes. Look forward to finding and posting a few of my own favorites.
This is one of my favorite shrimp recipes:
• 1 1/2 cups butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (3 sticks)
• 2 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, shelled (about 56 shrimp)
• 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced (or more to taste)
• 7 cups rich chicken broth, boiling (preferably homemade)
• 1 1/4 cups green onions, chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• French bread
Melt 1/2 cup butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp, mushrooms and garlic and sauté just until shrimp are pink, about 1 minute; do not overcook.
Stir in boiling broth, green onion, and parsley.
Remove from heat and add remaining 1 cup butter, whisking until melted.
Ladle into heated bowls and serve immediately with French bread.