ISO: 7-Eleven Taquitos

Anyone have a recipe for the 7-Eleven Taquitos? Especially the jalepeno cream cheese or Diablo Chili ones… The kids are big fans of those and looking for the recipe! Thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to help!

Here’s the definition for 7-11’s Go-Go Taquitos: crispy tortillas with one of three fillings (beef and cheese; Jack cheese with chicken, or Jack cheese with chicken, spinach, corn and black beans).
I haven’t found a recipe, but knowing this definition and the following recipe might help you make them and then you can share the outcome results with us, OK? :wink:

Ingredients for beef taquitos:

• 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 2 tablespoons Chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons Paprika
  • 1 teaspoon Cumin
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic powder or 2 cloves
  • 1/2 diced Bell pepper
  • 1/2 diced medium Onion
  • 12 corn tortillas

Instructions:
In 2 quart sauce pan add ground beef, salt, chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika. Enough water to cover meat. Bring to a boil. Simmer over medium low heat about an hour.

Then add 1/2 medium chopped onion, 1/2 medium chopped bell pepper continue cooking 20 or 30 more minutes.

For taquitos recipe: Heat oil in skillet. Cook corn tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil until soft, about 5 to 10 seconds; drain.

Strain liquid, then spoon 1 tablespoon of the beef meat in center of each tortilla Roll the tortilla around the beef filling into flute shape.

Use a toothpick to hold the tortilla in the flute shape. (“flauta” in Spanish)
Fry beef taquitos approximately 2-3 minutes or until tortilla holds its shape.

Remove the toothpicks and serve 2-3 taquitos on a plate.
Serving Salsa, sour cream and guacamole on the side.

Better beef taquitos are on the softer side, not crispy. You need turn them only once.

recipe found at mex-recipes.com - This website is for sale! - mex recipes Resources and Information.

That’s great! I will definitely have to try this… I would love to be able to make this, and tweak it around, make it slightly more on the healthy side! I will work on this and let everyone know of the results. Thanks truleelee! Looks like I have a fun weekend ahead of me!

I’m glad I could help out.

:smiley: MMM! I can’t wait for the results!

Okay. I finally got around to making these. Yummy! The tortilla wasn’t an exact match to the ones at 7-Eleven, but I have time to figure that one out. Also, what I did, was put in a few tablespoons of Cheez-Whiz on top of the beef after I put it on the shell. A nice creamy cheesy-beef taquito!

And my wife is a vegetarian, so was able to make this same recipe with Soy Crumbles, and she loved them!

Thanks again for the help truleelee.