KITTY LITTER CAKE FOR HALLOWEEN

Kitty Litter Cake for Halloween

Despite the cake’s appearance, it’s really delicious. For the proper presentation, use a brand new (and definitely UNUSED) plastic cat litter box and spoon it onto plates with a new (NEVER EVER used) pooper scooper.

1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
2 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
1 large pkg vanilla sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls®

1 new kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new pooper scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).

Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.

Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don’t want it too soggy. Combine gently.

Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything – this is supposed to look like mold in kitty litter.

Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect.

Trust me, the more disgusting it is, the more the kids think its “cool”.

This certainly looks like a winner at a kids party as well as adult party thanks for the post patm099. Ialso reminds me of the dirt and worm cake that is used at garden parties or someone that just loves gardening or just for kids. Sky

Oh my! Too funny! :lol: :lol: I just have to make this for my daughter to bring to her grade 8th class on Hallowe’en. The kids will absolutely love it. Thanks for a great recipe pat! :smiley:

Sky and Aline,

Glad you enjoyed the recipe. I made this for my son’s 6th grade class for Halloween a few years ago. Until she realized it really was a cake, the teacher didn’t think it was funny at all. Almost got sent to the principal’s office (LOL).

Hope you have as much fun with it as we did!!!

Pat

Hi Pat,
I’ll bet that teacher remembers you for a very long time :oops: and your son must of thought that was very funny thinking his mom might get sent to the principals office . I sure you was the coolest mom at school that day or the scariest lol. Sky

All these Halloween recipes are great fun but this one literally takes the “cake”. I have enjoyed reading most of them and except for the really outrageous names, they actually seem quite “normal” (whatever that it)!

May try to make this one for my little ones school party. She is a cat lover but might not be after this LOL.

Kitty Litter Cake

Oh my!!! We made this over the weekend sort of a trial run before Halloween and tried it out on our unsuspecting company. What a hoot! You have never seen people that you know are diehard sweet lovers turn down cake. It was great fun and they actually ate and liked it after we let them in on the joke. Can’t wait for Halloween to take this to some parties. May just have to take this to the PTA meeting just to see who gets upset (LOL). It really is quite good after you get over the “gross” part. Maybe they could use this on Fear Factor???
Thanks Pat for the fun recipe.