Lemon Curd with Shortbread

3 large egg yolks
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 2 lemons
6 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
1 pint blueberries, for serving
Shortbread cookies, for serving

Using a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar. Using a wooden spoon, cook until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon, stirring constantly making sure to reach the sides and bottom of pan, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Add butter, one piece at a time, incorporating each piece before adding the next.

Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd to avoid a skin from forming. Refrigerate until completely chilled, about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated up to 2 days.

To serve, place lemon curd in serving dish, top with blueberries and garnish with shortbread cookies.

Oh man I love Lemon Curd skyEyz_7 I’m going to try your recipe today, I just happen to have lemons on hand and your recipe looks easier than the one I have…I’m gonna make a pound cake to go with it…yum yum :wink:

Hi Noel,
I hope you enjoyed this as much as my family does , let me know what you think . Welcome to RecipeSecrets its a great site with alot of great people here. :smiley: