Lemon Ginger Dressing

Hello all,

Ive been searching for a dressing that TokyoExpress makes, they list it as a homemade dressing and they list it lemon ginger dressing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Becky

I went to Cooks.com and found an “Oriental Ginger Dressing” recipe that might be what you are looking for… I usually just “google” and search happily away through all the sites it finds for me!!

GINGER ORIENTAL DRESSING

1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons orange juice
1 teaspoons white vinegar

Place garlic and vinegar in jar. Allow to sit 10 minutes. This takes the “edge” off the garlic and makes it less sharp. Add remaining ingredients and shake well. Makes 1/4 cup – 6 calories per tablespoon.

• Kathy

Lemon-Ginger Dressing

The ingredients may not be so easily available in communities which don’t have a strong Japanese presence. If you can’t find them, I think that you could somewhat approximate the light flavor by substituting white wine vinegar for the rice wine vinegar, and just leaving out the wasabi.

· 2 teaspoons of thinly sliced/minced peel from a well-ripened lemon
· tablespoon of juice from that lemon (or more to taste)
· 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger root, minced/crushed
· 2 cloves garlic, crushed
· 1 teaspoon powdered wasabi (or to taste)
· fine-ground white pepper (to taste)
· salt or beau monde (to taste)
· 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or more to taste)
· 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar

Whisk all of the ingredients together and allow to macerate for at least fifteen minutes and preferably longer, especially if the lemon isn’t quite ripe; this can be made beforehand and used as a general vinaigrett.

thank you ever so much, ive been looking for this a very long time, cant wait to try it out :slight_smile: