2 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 celery ribs, sliced
6 green onions, chopped
3 cups hot cooked rice
2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preparation
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add celery and green onions, and sauté until celery is tender. Stir in rice and remaining ingredients; cook over low heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yield
6 servings

Hi JanT1053,

I like rice any way you fix it. And this will go well with my baked lemon chicken/rosemary. The lemon makes anything taste very good and refreshing.

I will have this for Sunday dinner with fresh green beans, baked lemon baked chicken/rosemary, home made clover leaf rolls, sweetened iced tea, coffee and Ambrosia Cake listed in the dessert section under cakes I have made this cake for several years it is very good.

Thanks for posting this recipe.

Hi JanT1053,

I will try your lemon rice pilaf tomorrow with my baked whole lemony/rosemary-onion chicken. I will have fresh green french-style beans with chopped toasted almonds, fresh silver queen corn on the cob, sweetened iced tea, coffee, cornbread muffins, and for dessert my home made Ambrosia cake.

Thanks for posting the recipe I love rice any way it is prepared.

Thank you Kitchen Witch and Southern Belle! I love this site so much, I get so tired of trying to come up with new ideas. You both post fantastic ideas and recipes! I have been a member for a couple of years, but have just found the time to delve into the site and figure out how everything works! This is a life saver. I am not a chef nor have I had any schooling in cooking, just what I learn from cooking shows, cookbooks and of course now this site. But I do love to cook (and eat). Thanks to all for their wonderful contributions!
JanT1053 :slight_smile: