Lemonade Bread

Lemonade Bread

6-ounce can lemonade concentrate completely thawed
2 eggs
9-ounce box yellow cake mix (1-layer size)
1/2-cup 7-UP
2 tablespoons oil
2 1/4 cups Bisquick
Preheat the oven to 350F. and spray a metal 9" baking loaf pan in Pam.

With electric mixer on medium-high speed, blend lemonade concentrate and eggs about 2 minutes. Dump in cake mix right from the box and beat on low speed just till it disappears and is completely absorbed by the liquid ingredients. Beat in 7-UP and oil till smooth. Beat in the Bisquick a little at a time just till it is combined. Do not over-beat or bread will be heavy.

Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake at 350F. about 55 minutes to an hour or till tests done. Cool in pan for 5 minutes and then spread top of the loaf with a can of ready to spread lemon flavored or vanilla icing and apply it sparingly to the hot bread. Cool in pan a good hour and then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate the bread at least 3 hours before you attempt to slice it.

Makes 1 loaf.

I think I’m missing something here…I understand all the ingredients & they sound great UNTIL adding 2 1/4 cups bisquick. I’m thinking there is no way that amount can possibly be incorporated, along with the dry cake mix.

I like the idea of the simple lemonade bread but I question the recipe. Have you made it?