Looking for Indian Nan Bread Recipe

While I was overseas I visited several Inidan Resturants and come to love their Nan bread and would like to know how to make it if anyone has a recipe for it.

Thanks,

Paul

I hope you like this one:

Indian Naan

INGREDIENTS:
Recipe makes 6 Naans

2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
Pinch of baking soda
2 tablespoons oil
21/2 tablespoons yogurt
3/4cup luke warm water
1 teaspoon clear butter or ghee
1/4 cup all purpose flour for rolling

Mix yeast with water to proof. In large bowl mix together, flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, oil and yogurt to form a dough. Knead for a few minutes and then let rest for 4-5 hours until double in size.

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. with pizza stone.

Separate into 6 pieces and form into balls. Roll into rectangles approximately 4 X 6 inches each. Place 3 at a time on pizza stone and bake for 3 minutes until puffed and slightly browned. Brush with ghee when removed from the oven. Repeat with the remaining 3 naan.

Can knead sweated onion and garlic into the dough. Also may add fresh cilantro.

Many thanks for the recipe, I cannot wait to try it.

Paul

Indian Naan

INGREDIENTS:
Recipe makes 6 Naans

2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
Pinch of baking soda
2 tablespoons oil
21/2 tablespoons yogurt
3/4cup luke warm water
1 teaspoon clear butter or ghee
1/4 cup all purpose flour for rolling

Mix yeast with water to proof. In large bowl mix together, flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, oil and yogurt to form a dough. Knead for a few minutes and then let rest for 4-5 hours until double in size.

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. with pizza stone.

Separate into 6 pieces and form into balls. Roll into rectangles approximately 4 X 6 inches each. Place 3 at a time on pizza stone and bake for 3 minutes until puffed and slightly browned. Brush with ghee when removed from the oven. Repeat with the remaining 3 naan.

Can knead sweated onion and garlic into the dough. Also may add fresh cilantro.[/QUOTE]

You are very welcome. Let us know how it comes out.