Looking For Recipes For Popcorn Topping

I Am Looking For Recipes For Popcorn Toppings. The Dry One That You Shake On At The Movie Theatre Called White Cheddar Is Our Favorite. If Anyone Has These Recipes And Will Post Them, Iwould Really Like To Have Them. Thank You, Shelley

Hi -

Pick a flavor for popcorn and let me know what you want!! Just name it - I probably got it in my files.

Here’s a few “cheese” popcorn recipes - just use white cheddar -

Cheddar bacon popcorn

5 sl Bacon; cooked crisp and crumbled
10 c Popped corn
¼ lb Sharp cheddar cheese; finely grated

Preheat oven to 250~. In a lg. baking pan, combine bacon, popcorn, and cheese. Bake for 3 to 5 mins., or until cheese is just melted.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheddar cheese popcorn

2/3 c Unpopped popcorn
1/3 c Butter
1 c Finely grated cheese, (use more if you want it cheesier)
Salt to taste
Pepper
(cheddar, brick, or colby)

Pop the popcorn. Melt the butter. Grind some pepper into the butter. Stir. Layer the cheese into the popcorn. Pour the butter mixture on top, and salt.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheddar-chive popcorn

1 c Popcorn, popped (about 12 cups)
3 tb Unsalted butter; cut into small pieces
2 ts White-wine Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic; finely chopped
3 tb Dried chives
½ c Finely grated sharp Cheddar cheese, dried*
1 x Salt, to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Put the butter, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a small saucepan and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes until the garlic has softened. Add the chives and stir well. Pour over the popcorn and toss. Spread the popcorn evenly in a large jelly-roll pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, removing the pan and stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the oven. Toss the cheese with the popcorn, allow to cool slightly, then serve at once, adding salt to taste. Make 12 cups. *The cheese should be as dry as possible when added to the popcorn. Spread the grated cheese on a plate and chill it, uncovered, in the refrigerator, for several hours or overnight.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheese and garlic popcorn spice

½ c Parmesan cheese; grated
2 ts salt
1 ts tarragon
1 ts garlic powder
1 ts parsley flakes

Mix ingredients together and store in tightly sealed container or shaker, Mix spice with 4 tabspoons of melted butter and pour over freshly popped popcorn, stir to coat.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheese popcorn

¼ c Butter
1 oz Bleu cheese
½ c Popcorn; popped
¼ c Grated Parmesan Cheese

In a heavy saucepan, put the butter and bleu cheese. Cook over a moderate heat, stirring til melted. Pour over popped corn. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheesy popcorn

¼ c Uncooked popcorn kernels
1 tb Corn oil
1 pk Butter Buds Mix, dry
1 ts Basil leaves
½ ts Oregano leaves
¼ c Grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 ts Black pepper

To prepare popcorn, place oil and unpopped corn kernels in popcorn popper. Cover and pop according to manufacturer’s directions. Remove popped corn from heat. If using a heavy saucepan or skillet, heat, covered, over medium heat. Shake while corn is popping. If using hot-air popcorn popper, spray popped corn lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine warm popcorn with the remaining ingredients in large bowl; toss to mix. Makes four 1-cup servings.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheese and pepper popcorn

1 tb + 1 ts Reduced calorie margarine melted
1 tb Grated Romano cheese, grated
1 ts Italian seasoning
½ ts Paprika
¼ ts Chili powder
1/8 ts Ground red pepper
8 c Popped corn (popped without salt or fat)

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add popped corn, tossing gently to coat’ Spread popcorn mixture in a large shallow pan; bake at 200 degrees for 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups

Hi Kitchen Witch- I Geuss What I’m Looking For Is Things That Can Be Stored Like Jar Recipes. We Love Popcorn And Eat It Alot. Thanks For Your Help. I Don’t Know If There Are Some Like That. Thanks For Looking For Me. Shelley

Okay - I gotcha now! The only thing I can think of other than buying powdered White Cheddar Cheese (in the spice island of your supermarket) and mixing your own with salt, etc. is possibly grating the cheese very finely and “drying” it in the freezer on a large baking sheet; adding salt/spices to taste after frozen and storing in the freezer in individual packets. You may be able tp powder it on your own with a food processor after it is frozen by working quickly in batches. I wouldn’t store it in the cupboard - I would store in the freezer.

KW

I would use a microplane (you can buy them at any hardware store) and that would give you a really small grate (“sawdust” style); then freeze, season and store in the freezer.

I have to try this to see how it works!

KW

Here’s two recipes that I found:

Drizzle hot popcorn with melted butter or margarine.
Add ONE of the following:

• 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • Italian salad dressing mix (use 1/2 of a 7 oz pkg, about 1 Tbsp)
  • 2 Tbso instant lemon-flavored iced tea mix (if using unsweetened, add 1 Tbsp sugar)
  • 3 Tbsp chocolate flavoured drink mix
  • cinnamon sugar (combine 1 Tbsp sugar with 1/4 tsp cinnamon)

Another is:

1-2 Tbsp finely grated or powdered Parmesan cheese
2 tsp powdered cheddar cheese and/or powdered blue cheese
1/4 tsp chile ancho
1/4 tsp or more granulated garlic
1 tsp Italian herbs
Sea salt to taste