looking for spaghetti "crust" pie

My Mother made a main dish pie years ago and I have not been able to find it. The “crust” is made from cooked spaghetti, that is all I remember except that it was my favorite at the time. Can anyone help?

I ahve found 2 recipe’s. Hope one of these is the one your looking for!

SPAGHETTI PIE

1/2 lb. spaghetti
2 eggs
2/3 c. grated cheese
1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
1/4 c. sliced celery
1 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce
1 sm. can mushrooms, drained
1 (10 inch) pie pan
4 slices of Mozzarella cheese

Combine cooked spaghetti with cheese and beaten eggs press into pie pan.
Brown turkey or chicken with celery stir in mushrooms and spaghetti sauce. Simmer 15 minutes. Pour meat mixture over spaghetti. Cover with foil. Bake in a heated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove foil add slices of cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes until slices of cheese are melted.

SPAGHETTI PIE

PIE SHELL:

6 oz. spaghetti
2 tbsp. butter
1 well beaten egg
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese

FILLING:

1 c. cottage cheese
1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded

SAUCE:

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 - 3/4 c. chopped onion
1/2 diced green pepper (optional)
1 (15 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Stir in butter, Parmesan cheese and eggs into hot spaghetti. Form spaghetti into a “crust” into 10" pie plate. Brown onions and green pepper in small amount of oil until soft. Add meat and brown. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti crust. Top with meat sauce. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with Mozzarella cheese and let cheese melt. Let stand before cutting.

Enjoy!

Mel :lol:

This is the absolute best. My kids loved it when they were young, and still beg for it…ages 24 and 29:

Cook your spaghetti and drain well, but do not rinse (helps to stick the “crust” together). Return to pan and add butter, a few beaten eggs and parmesan cheese. Stir well till butter melts and put in a well oiled pan. I use an 8x10 cake pan. Push spaghetti on bottom and up the sides.
Fill with sauce and fixin’s. Put shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.

Approximate ratios:
l lb. spaghetti
1/4 C. butter
2 eggs
1 C. Parmesan

Bake at 425 for 45-60 minutes. HAVE A HAPPY!!!