looking for the old spaghetti factory meat sause recipe.

i am looking for the old spaghetti factory or vince’s spagetti in ca, meat sause recipe. can you help me?

I have been unsuccessful so far in finding the meat sauce recipe (I will keep trying), but I have found
the meatball recipe. It is one of those copy cat recipes. It follows:

Old Spaghetti Factory Meatball Recipe

Ready in: 30 minutes
Serves/Makes: 8 svgs.

[SIZE=“3”]Ingredients:

1/3 cup very finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon very finely minced garlic
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 cup cold water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 1/2 pounds lean ground chuck
30 ounces tomato sauce[/SIZE]

Directions:

Combine chopped onion, garlic, parsley and bread crumbs in a food processor and mix 30 seconds. Break the egg into a 3 quart bowl and mix well using a wire whisk. Add water, olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the egg and whisk until well whisked. Add the bread crumb mixture, combining with a spatula. Add the ground meat and mix thoroughly until ingredients are well distributed and the mixture is binding together tightly.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Using a medium sized ice cream scoop, scoop out a portion onto a lightly oiled jelly roll pan. Form each meatball by rolling in the palm of your hand until they feel tight and solid. (The finished meatballs should be about the size of a golf ball.)

Pour 1/4 cup water into the pan and place in the oven. Time 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and loosen with a spatula. Return to the oven an additional 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain. Heat the tomato sauce in a large skillet. Add the meatballs and simmer 2 minutes. Serve over pasta or rice.

Rob,
I would suggest that you go to the following site where you will find several of the Old Spaghetti Factory recipes, unfortunately not the meat sauce recipe. There are several other meat sauce recipes you might be able to choose from, until I locate the OSF one. The site is:
Recipezaar: Where the World’s Recipes Are
Thom

Still no luck in finding the meat sauce recipe you are seeking, but…

Here’s an unusual recipe I found for Meat Sauce. It’s a modernized version of the oldest way to get the most flavor - long, low and slooow cooking. I wonder if anyone has the time required to cook it this way. I found this in several places on the web.

Old Fashioned Meat Sauce for Pasta Recipe

Ingredients:

12 Plum Tomatoes
2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tbls Granulated Sugar
1-1/2 Cups Shredded Parmesan
1 Whole Garlic Clove, Minced
2 tsp Oregano Leaves, Dry
1-1/2 lb Ground Beef
2 tsp Rosemary, Dry
2 Cups Mushrooms, Sliced
1 tsp Marjoram Leaves, Dry
1 Cup Tomato Paste
1 tsp Sweet Basil

Directions:

Blanch & peel half the tomatoes.
Place in a slow cooker with half of the olive oil, the marjoram, rosemary, oregano, sugar, salt, sweet basil and garlic.
Slow simmer for 24 to 48 hours or until the tomato solids are completely reduced.
Blanch and peel the remaining tomatoes, remove the seeds and puree. Add to the slow cooker along with the tomato paste and continue to cook, very slowly, for another 24 hours. Saute the ground beef and add to the slow cooker along with the remainder of the olive oil. Continue cooking for at least half a day.
During the last four hours of cooking, add the shredded parmesan cheese and blend in well.
Add the mushrooms 15 minutes or so before serving. Taste and adjust seasoning. (A little more salt, perhaps a little brown sugar, and pepper to taste, even a squirt or two of cayenne hot pepper sauce, if you like.)
If you are planning meat balls, saute them and add them with the cheese and remove before serving. Serve them and the sauce over or alongside the pasta.

Yields 5 Quarts

old spaghetti factory meat sause recipe. Thanks for this, I will try to make it and have the delicious taste.

Please also try this out:

Soft Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup sour cream

2 cups cheeni(sugar)

1 cup shortening

4 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

6 cups flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine sour cream, cheeni, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.

Slowly add the dry ingredients until everything is completely mixed together. Let the dough chill for about 15 minutes.

Form dough into small balls, or use fun cookie cutters.

Bake until LIGHT golden brown - no more than 10 minutes. When you take them out of the oven they may seem underdone, but they aren’t. Just let them cool on the pan and you will find that they are perfectly soft and moist. If you prefer Cheeni cookies that are a little harder and more crumbly, bake them longer.

Please look at my post today on Go Eggless for the ingredients