Lumpias with my twink and a kick

I got this recipe from a friend from the Phillipines, but I kinda added a few of my own ingredients. I hope you enjoy them. They are demanded every time I have a party or a dinner.

1 lb ground sirloin
1/2 lb italian sausage (spicy) or 3 links
1 sm onion diced
3-4 cl garlic (I love garlic)
2-3 carrots or a nice handful of baby carrots
2-3 potatoes
1 cn french style green beans
1/2 head cabbage shredded and cut
2-3 extra lg eggs
seasoned salt to taste
cayene pepper I shake it about 6 times…you can omit if you like
salt & pepper to taste
2 pkgs egg roll wraps

potatoes and carrots must be diced very small!!!

I use a large cast iron skillet!!

Cook ground sirloin, italian sausage, onion and garlic add seasoned salt, cayene pepper, salt & pepper. When it is almost done add carrots let them cook a little then add potatoes when they are almost done add green beans and cabbage. Let simmer until cabbage is almost done. I taste it at this point to see if it needs more seasoned salt or cayene pepper. If all is well I take it off of the fire and drain off excess liquid. Stir in the eggs (use your judgement here eggs are only to keep mixture together). I angle the skillet on a thick folded towel to drain more of the juice from the mixture. Using a spoon larger than a soup spoon, spoon mixture onto wrap starting at the corner roll up and fold sides in as you go, moisten top edge and finish rolling. place on paper towel or wax paper. DO NOT STACK LUMPIAS UNTIL AFTER THEY ARE FRIED.

Preheat Deep Fryer 375 - 400 when you are almost done rolling all of the lumpias, as it takes a while to roll 36 lumpias.
The first few times you may have mixture left or wraps left that’s okay.

Fry the lumpias until they are golden brown, drain on paper towels.
And enjoy!!! To make them go farther cut in half before serving.

I would like to know how you like them if you make them.
Thanks Cindy

I HAVE MY OWN VERSION OF THIS ALSO BUT I ONLY USE FRENCH STYLE GREEN BEANS AND GROUND BEEF SEASONED WITH ONION SALT.ITS GREAT!!

hello, i’m from the philippines and LUMPIAS are really a hit during parties and a great finger food served with catsup or mayo (or both) or gravy or sweet chili sauce… we like putting a small portion of diced or chopped turnips in the mixture… this can be made in advanced and kept frozen until ready to fry… we keep it upto 2 weeks and are very handy whenever unexpected visitors arrive…

try having a vegetable lumpia… we use lots of beansprout, diced carrots, diced string beans, shredded cabbage and onions… saute and season to taste before wrapping and frying… serve with salted vinegar… great with beer!!

Cindy~
Have a question? Did you ever work in Yarmouth, Maine. I think I know you. You introduced our company to your fabulous Lumpias if you did. Would love to hear from you.