Macaroni and cheese...

Does anyone have a knock out recipe for macaroni and cheese?

The easiest and best home made mac it is all my kids and grand kids favorite

Boil elbow mac until tender then drain it apx 1 cup her person
add 1 tbl real butter stir this until melted
add apx 2 tbls of flour and mix to coat all the noodles
next add enough milk to cover the noodles and stir cook on low flame
keep stirring until the milk starts to thicken add 1-2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese shredded or cubed (the sharper the better) you can add more or less cheese I prefer more
Keep stirring and add the cheese in small amounts until melted and well blended and serve

I usually don’t use measurements but you can use your own judgement just remember to wait until the milk starts to thicken and add the cheese slowly. You can use american cheese but I prefer sharp chedder.

another easy recipe is to boil the noodles until tender, drain and take either American cheese or velveta cut in pieces and keep stirring the noodles and cheese until melted you don’t need to add milk or butter this is like the one in the box that has the cheese in the pouch. The amount of cheese you use depends on your preference.

I got this from a friend a couple of weeks ago and have made it four times with raving reviews. It was how her Mother made mac and cheese.

Nascar Ladybug

Mama’s Macaroni Pie (Southern Style)

1 8 ounce box of elbow or ready cut macaroni
1 stick of unsalted butter
salt, to your taste
pepper, to your taste
2 large eggs, beaten
2 no. 2 cans of evaporated milk
1 8 ounce block of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
paprika, to you taste

Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain. Place the stick of butter in the pot you cooked the macaroni in. Return drained macaroni to pot. The heat from the macaroni will melt the butter. Add salt and pepper, and mix to distribute evenly. Place half of the macaroni in a 2 quart or larger ungreased casserole dish. A larger casserole dish will eliminate spillover in the oven. It bubbles as it cooks. Mix the beaten eggs with the evaporated milk. Pour half of this mixture over the macaroni. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over this layer. Repeat. Sprinkle paprika over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes. It should be bubbly and golden brown when done.

Note: Substitutions may be made according to your diet or taste, but this is southern comfort food.

Joe’s Mac & Cheese

This is the mac & cheese I have been making for years, with great reviews. You can play around with the types of cheeses, depending on your taste, to create a whole new flavor.

1 lb rotini pasta (I use this over elbows, as it holds much more of the sauce in each noodle)
1 stick butter, divided
2 tbs olive oil
4 tbs flour
whole milk
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz american cheese
6 oz fresh shredded parmesan
6 oz shredded gruyere
salt and pepper to taste
1 sleeve Garlic & Parmesan Ritz crackers (can use regular if you cannot find these)

In a large saucepan, melt 4 oz of the butter over medium heat. Add the flour, and cook, stirring constantly, until you have a “blonde roux”, about 3 minutes. Then add about 2 cups of milk, stirring to create a sauce. Slowly add the shredded cheeses, alternating with whole milk, until you have incorporated all of the cheese and you have a thick sauce that easily coats the back of the spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste, and then place on back burner to keep warm.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the olive oil, and then the pasta. Cook until it is al dente. Drain the pasta, but DO NOT RINSE! You want the starch from the pasta intact. Put pasta into an oven safe casserole dish, and pour cheese sauce over pasta.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining 4 oz of butter. Place the sleeve of Ritz crackers in a large zip loc bag and crush them, although not too fine. Place the crushed crackers into the melted butter and toss to coat. Top the casserole with the cracker mixture. Place the dish into a 350 degree oven and bake until the sauce bubbles and the crackers are a golden brown, about 20 minutes. For a one dish meal you can also add chopped ham or chicken to the pasta prior to adding the sauce for a one dish meal. Enjoy!