Macaroni Grill’s Warm Chocolate Cake With Fudge Sauce
A while back I was looking for the AppleBee’s Triple Chocolate Meltdown recipe…which I never did find, BUT…I have come across another fabu cake! The Macaroni Grill’s warm chocolate cake with fudge sauce! I found this on the net, and have scaled the recipe down to 1 cake, and made a few changes.
1 3/4 cups mayonnaise
1 3/4 cups cold brewed coffee (room temp.)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350º Sift flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Mix ingredients, taking care not over mix. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into a 13X9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Fudge Sauce: Bring cream to a simmer in a medium nonreactive saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate all at once.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the glaze smooth.
- Presentation: Cut a fairly large square of cake, and place on a dessert plate.
- (Still warm, or reheat in microwave slightly) Liberally pour warm fudge sauce over cake.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream (please-- no cool whip for this baby) and chopped nuts.