McDonalds Apple Muffins

McDonalds Apple Muffins

Yield: 24 Standard Size Muffins

One - 18.25 oz box Yellow cake mix**
One - 21 oz can Apple pie filling
3 Eggs
2 tsp Apple Pie Spice***

Beat all ingredients together with electric mixer on medium-speed for about 1 minute. (or until ingredients are well mixed). There will still be small bits of apples left intact.

Divide batter equally between 24 standard size, paper-lined, cupcake wells.

Bake at 350-F for 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean (or center of a muffin reads at least 200-F on an instant digital thermometer ).

Cool before peeling off paper liners.’

** If using a 15.25 oz Yellow Cake mix, add an additional:

2/3 cup cake flour or all-purpose flour
1 tsp white granulated sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp table salt

*** For homemade Apple Pie Spice, add to mixing bowl :

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom

A topping wasn’t part of the original recipe, but they looked kind of plain without one.

So, I added a couple of tablespoons of honey to a bowl and mixed in about a teaspoon of water to thin it slightly. I painted a very thin layer of the honey on the top of each muffin with a silicone pastry brush after they cooled.

Then I sprinkled turbanado sugar on the sticky layer and then shook off the excess. You could also use one of the color sugar toppings.

These muffins also taste really good without any topping.

I made these today. They are delicious! Betty Crocker yellow cake mix is now 15 1/4 ounces. I used all the other ingredients as posted and they came out great. Nice and moist and light!

Glad you liked it.

Yea, whose wise idea was it to reduce the cake mixes to 15 oz? Flour weighs about 4 oz per cup (depending on how you load it into the measuring cup). So the missing 3 to 3 1/2 oz would be about 2/3 to 3/4 cup of cake flour, plus a little baking powder, sugar and salt. I guess you could add those to the mix if it made a difference. Glad it didn’t.

Why don’t they make packaging an even metric or U.S. measurement amount, like 1 lb or 1/2 kilo, etc. It’s always some odd amount.

I think it’s because most of the world now is on metric, but the US hasn’t gotten there yet.

I’ll try the extender. Thanks.

sounds good can’t wait to try. my husband love apple fritters, hope they taste about the same

Apple fritters are deep fried, this recipe is a cake mix with apple pie filling added. It will taste good, but probably not like deep fried apple fritters.

do we make the cake mix according to the box instructions? Or just the dry mix?

Just use the instructions above, in the first message. Don’t follow the instructions on the cake mix box. Just dump the cake mix in the mixing bowl with the ingredients listed in message 1 above.

Thank you…wanted to be certain

Thank you…just wanted to be certain. They smell great