Meat Pie Recipes?

hi all,

does anyone have any recipes for meat pies?

thx,

rho

There are a few already posted.

Here’s one I posted. Go to post #10. This is my mother’s recipe. Her meat pies are awesome! The measurements are approximate because she cooks by sight, smell, and taste.

http://www.www.recipesecrets.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2376&highlight=meat+pies

Aline

Here’s another…

1 double crust pastry
½ lb ground veal
½ lb ground pork
1 medium onion, minced
¼ cup water
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp savory

Preheat oven. Prepare pastry; reserve some for top crust and line a 9-inch pie plate with remainder.

Combine all ingredients together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until meat has lost its pink colour but is still moist; check seasoning. Cool and place mixture into uncooked pie shell. Cover with top crust, seal and flute edge.

Bake in a hot oven (425 F) until browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Baked tourtière may be frozen. To serve, reheat in a moderate oven about 30 minutes.

thanks both to aline & kw.

aline, being a fellow canadian, i’m well aware of tourtiere. i don’t wait for christmas to make mine. lol.

thx

hi rhodry.i have made lots of pies in my time. for a good meat pie
depending on how much meat you are using i put a dry packet of french onion soup and some soy sauce some hot sauce. carrot, onion,celery,peas and what ever you what to do with it. the choice is yours.experiment with your pies you cant go wrong

thx val