Pinch of salt and black pepper
1 small onion, chopped and sautéed until lightly browned
1 French baguette or French bread
1-2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Parmesan cheese
1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Provolone or mozzarella cheese

NOTE: If using unseasoned breadcrumbs, add a teaspoon of Italian Seasonings. You can also use any kind of cheese you like. We really liked the blend of mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses. I’ve also made these with sauteed bell peppers and pepperoni slices added to the sauce, something like a pizza sandwich! You can even add sauteed mushrooms.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium bowl, gently mix by hand the ground beef, breadcrumbs, oregano, garlic, parsley, cayenne, cumin, salt, pepper, 3 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese, sautéed onion, and eggs. Shape into 24 meatballs, and place in a baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until cooked through.

Meanwhile, cut the baguette in half lengthwise, and remove some of the bread from the inside to make a well for the meatballs. Brush with olive oil, season with garlic powder, and sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese. Put the baguette into the oven until lightly toasted.

While the bread toasts, warm the spaghetti sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. When the meatballs are done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to the sauce. Spoon onto the baguette and top with slices of provolone cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Cut into servings.

Aline,
I have been out of town for several days and just getting back and catching up… This sounds grand!

Will try these this week.

bw

Aline dear these were grand!

We used mushrooms and some of the red bell peppers we had roasted and frozen in vacumm sealed bags to the mix and we are sitting here grinning after having these for super tonite, these were so good!

bw

Is there a spot on the website to access to ‘grab the recipe’ to copy to my recipe file rather than highlite and do a copy?

TIA john in Southern California and the 70’ish off spring of a Toronto mother who used to take me to Toronto and Bolton about 60 years ago to visit my granmother back in 1946! Thanks again.

John! Yes, there is…and I just found it today!! On the top of the page…it says “thread tools”. Click on that. It will offer a couple of different things, one of them is “Show Printable Version”!! TA DA!!! I also was getting tired of the copy/paste process. Thanks for having me look harder to find another way around that!!

Lilbitandme

This sounds delicious. Make meat balls for our family reunion and will be trying this one.:smiley:

Doesn’t this printing method print the whole thread? Did I miss something? Is there a way to just print the recipe?

bj:confused:

Chocolate Lover- The way that I print only the recipe is to highlight the area you want to print and then right-click within that highlighted area and select ‘print’ option. Then, click on the circle beside ‘selection’ within the print menu and hit ‘ok’. It is a lot easier than it sounds.

looks great i will try recipe to night.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: thank you my dear this recipe is the best i have ever made.thank you again,and my grandkids say thank you.
see ya…bill

Aline,

As the kids would say…“your meatballs rock.” My son took a dish “home to college,” and needless to say, they LOVED THEM! Good job; definitely the best that I have ever had. Thanks!

Hope you are well and warm, Paula