Sauce

• 2 Minced onion

• 1 Cup of red wine

• 2 Cloves of minced garlic

• Half cup of brown sugar

• Half cup of mustard

• 2 Cups of ketchup

Method

For the Memphis style rub combine rub ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix into a paste and rub onto the shoulder of pork and cover it in a plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for an hour.

Very much like my BBQ pork rib recipes, for the Memphis style sauce place the onions with the minced garlic in a sauce pan. Add red wine, sugar and the mustard. Bring ingredients to a simmer, then add the two cups of ketchup and let ingredients simmer for fifteen minutes.

Pre-heat smoker to 225 degrees smoke the shoulder of pork for about eight hours. Once done wrap the shoulder pork in aluminium tin foil and leave to settle for an hour.

Unwrap the shoulder pork and shred. Serve on a white or brown bun. Add bout a tablespoon of sauce when serving. This is a very delicious pulled pork recipe.

mmm my mouth is watering. pulled pork is one of my favorites!

There are so many possible variations I will never get bored of it. Maybe I will post one of my own secret pull’d pork recipes one of these days. :wink:

Pulled Pork (BBQ)

Recipe By :Virginia Kingen
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Bar-B-Que/Grill/Camping Pork
Sandwiches

Amount Measure Ingredient – Preparation Method

1 Pork (Boston) Butt about 7 lbs.
1 recipe for My barecue rub
1 partial can beer or else water!

Rub pork butt all over with seasoning … put in LARGE 5 qt. crock pot… put 1/2 or maybe less of beer or water (don’t fill more than 1/2) … best if started the night before in crock pot on LOW … cook on LOW at least 11 hours … about an hour before serving take from crock pot and put in about a 9x13x2-inch pan … pull ALL of the fat off and shred … cover pan with foil and put in 325° to 350° oven until ready to serve … serve with BBQ sauce (I use Bullseye) and slaw on hot large hamburger rolls…
This will serve about 12 or so people

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

My Memphis Style Dry Marinade for Ribs  ***

Recipe By :VK
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Bar-B-Que/Grill/Camping Pork
Rubs

Amount Measure Ingredient – Preparation Method

3 tablespoons paprika - Hungarian, mild
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder – optional
1 teaspoon cayenne - not too hot
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon corriander
2 teaspoons green peppercorns - dried – optional
1 teaspoon allspice
= the following were added - optional
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon celery salt

Grind all ingredients until fine and combine well … hand rub this dry marinade on washed and dried ribs, several hours up to several days before smoking or cooking.

The last three ingredients were added TO the recipe later on, they weren’t in the original recipe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Barbecue Pork Steaks

Ingredients
4 Pork shoulder steaks (cut 1/2 inch thick)

1 Tbs. Cooking oil

1 large Onion ( slice and separate into rings)

1 large Green pepper, thinly sliced

2 Tomatoes, sliced

1 Tbs. Quick-cooking tapioca

1/2 cup Bottled barbeque sauce

1/4 cup Dry red wine

1/2 Tsp. Ground cumin

Directions
Cut pork steaks in half lengthwise. Trim excess fat. In a large skillet brown steaks on both sides in hot oil. Drain steaks on paper towels. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart electric crock pot arrange the onion, green pepper, and tomatoes. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place pork steaks atop vegetables and tapioca. In a small bowl stir together barbecue sauce, wine, and cumin. Pour over meat and vegetables in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or till meat and vegetables are tender. To serve, transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

I’m not much of a fan of boneless butts…particularly in my smoker…I like your rub Adamhol123…not too much heat…not overpowering…but if you are using a smoker…and you are keeping the temp at 230 degrees…I think you would be better using a instaread thermometer and pulling when the internal temp is 195 degrees…and with a bone in…once I have let the butt sit for at least 30 mins…that bone should come out smooth and clean with no meat clinging to it…this is a real test of doneness…!!!