• 12 oz. package frozen crawfish tail meat
• 2 Tbs. butter
• 2 Tbs. all purpose flour
• 1 can chicken broth
• 1 can cream of onion soup
• 3/4 cup medium or hot picante sauce
• 8 oz. Monterey jack jalapeno or habanero cheese, grated
• 1 can chopped green chiles, drained
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 10 flour tortillas
How To Make :
- Sauté crawfish meat in 1 T. butter for 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add flour and stir with whisk for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- Whisk in picante sauce and onion soup and then stir in green chiles.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce into large baking dish, 9 x 13” or larger. Keep sauce warm.
- On each flour tortilla, place some crawfish, grated cheese and a sprinkle of onion. Roll up and place seam side down in large baking dish.
- Repeat until all are rolled.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas making sure they are all covered. Sprinkle any remaining sauce, cheese and onion on top.
Taken From Mexican Food