* 2 cups dried pinto beans * water * 1 cup diced bacon or salt pork * 1 medium onion, chopped * 2 cloves garlic, minced * 2 T. chili powder * 1 tsp ground cumin * 1 tsp salt * 1 fresh tomato, chopped * 12 oz can beer * 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles, drained * 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped
How To Make :
- Wash beans well. Combine beans, beer, and water to cover beans by, Soak Overnight
- Partially fry bacon or salt pork.
- Add to beans and liquid in pot. Add more water if necessary. Add rest of ingredients except salt and ook about 2 hrs.
- Add salt and cook until tender.