2 slices bread
2 slices cooked ham
2 slices cooked turkey meat
1 slice Swiss cheese
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Butter or margarine

Instructions

Butter one side of bread and then lay butter side down in a skillet.
Then cover bread with ham, turkey and cheese.
Spread mayonnaise and mustard on the second piece of bread.
Put mayonnaise side down on swiss cheese; then butter top of bread.
Brown on all sides, adding more butter when necessary.
Serve sandwich hot.

Typically Monte Cristos are dipped in an egg batter and fried and served with some kind of jam, often blackberry.

Recipes can be made so many different ways, thats what makes cooking fun. I apppreciate that you both feel there is a right and wrong to cooking. Hey everyone has an opinion, it’s just a shamed people think their opinion is the only one. I guess when people aren’t happy they are down and out about everything in their life. Enjoy the sandwich your way :slight_smile:

You seem to have taken affront to my comment that your recipe isn’t a typical Monte Cristo. There is no need to get your knickers in a knot. I certainly know that recipes can be changed however you want, but that doesn’t change what a recipe is typically.

Nice one. I just wondered where they got the name Monte Cristo. First time I’ve heard this.

After researching for the origin of the name, sadly, no one seems to know.

Kitchen Witch, I sure see where you got your name. Who are you to call people REAL cooks, just because they don’t make a recipe the way you feel it should be made. Wow I cannot believe that you can say someone is not mature. I see you on here putting people down. Yes, you have helped people too, but I would never ever think of telling someone hey that recipe isn’t made right. But you can and thats great for you. Also I do participate here just not like you do. I am not spamming, I am sharing and I have had many people appreciate that. I have plenty of faith in my blog and joining other sites do help our sites, but thats not why I am here. But thanks for knowing everything again :slight_smile:

OK, have a nice night!!!

Another website I belong to (unrelated to food) quickly bans people for personal attacks.

“Kitchen Witch, I sure see where you got your name.”
This is what I was referring to.