Moon Cake

My kids have always requested THIS recipe in place of a birthday cake. Tastes almost like a cream puff dessert. Yum!

Moon Cake

1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs, beaten
2 4oz. pkgs. INSTANT pudding (vanilla or your choice)
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese (I use the whipped variety)
1 12oz. container of Cool Whip
Drizzles of Hershey’s syrup

In a large saucepan bring the water and oil to a boil. Quickly stir in the flour until the mixture leaves the sides of pan. Keep stirring for 1 minute or two. Let mixture completely cool. Add 4 eggs - 1 at a time and beat well after each addition of egg. Spread the beaten mixture along the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 12 pan and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown for approximately 15-20 minutes. Let completely cool.

In a bowl, mix the 2 pkgs. of INSTANT pudding (according to the directions for a pie on the box). Add the softened cream cheese to the pudding mixture and beat well. Spread the pudding mixture over the cooled bottom layer in the pan and leave in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Spread the container of Cool Whip over the pudding layer. Return to refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Before serving, drizzle Hershey’s syrup over the top. Enjoy!!

How much flour??? You did not indicate flour in the recipe ingredients.

Thanks!

FLOUR AMOUNT FOR MOON CAKE recipe

I am SOOOO SORRY. I bet I got interrupted in the middle of typing up the ingredients–please forgive me.

It is 1 cup of flour. Hope you enjoy it! valilly