Mother's Day Dining Ideas

I am not sure what I will be cooking for my mother. Maybe a roast with mashed potatoes and gravy and a pie for dessert or a steak with all the fixings.

I belong to a church group that will be sponsoring a Mother’s Day Dinner and fashion show on Mother’s Day a local hotel. We have made the ticket prices reasonable for both adults and children (many of which will get in free) and will feature a soul food buffet. That way, there will be no waiting in a long line somewhere else. Mothers and families can get get their pictures taken. I’m not a mother yet, but am looking forward to the day…however I have 6 godchildren, so to all the mothers and godmothers…HAVE A GREAT DAY!

I will be cooking a shrimp okra gumbo with a potato salad and rice, for dessert will make a Blue Berry pudding cake. my daughter lives in Fl. so I will be spending it with friends that their kids are away too. We have a nice day together. Happy Mother’s Day to all you Mother’s out their. Ron thank you much for all yor letters and recipes. Laura from Louisiana :smiley:

All of our kids are out of town, so it will just be my wife and I.
First she will have breakfast in bed. Probably poached eggs, toast made from homemade bread, bangers from our favorite sausagemaker, fresh squeezed OJ and hot black coffee. Then a relaxing day doing whatever she wants to do.
Later in the evening we will have a very leasurely dinner and drinks at Tsunamis which is our favorite resturant.

Her big surprize is tickets to see Big Bad Vodoo Daddy later in the month.

All of our kids are out of town, so it will just be my wife and I.
First she will have breakfast in bed. Probably poached eggs, toast made from homemade bread, bangers from our favorite sausagemaker, fresh squeezed OJ and hot black coffee. Then a relaxing day doing whatever she wants to do.
Later in the evening we will have a very leasurely dinner and drinks at Tsunamis which is our favorite resturant.

Her big surprize is tickets to see Big Bad Vodoo Daddy later in the month.

God Bless the guest with the 16 year old grandson who cooked all that food for her…i’m jealous, lol
I dont even know of a 16 year old who can cook like that…his mom taught him well and you taught your child well
Well i’ll be doing my five hour driving course, not realizing that my permit expires on my B-day this year, which is in June,
then i’ll be going to my favorite restaurant “La Traviata” which is in Brooklyn, NY
One of the best italian places and very reasonable or maybe Outback Steakhouse

typically on Mother’s Day, I get up and cook breakfast for everyone, then spend the afternoon prepping dinner. My husband sits in front of the tv watching ESPN, my daughter chats online or studies, and my son does his video game thing. After they have eaten each meal, I will ask for help cleaning things up, but will get tired of waiting for the “Help” to help, so I’ll do it myself. I’ll treat myself to doing a load of laundry, ironing shirts, and yes continuing with the Cinderella theme, I might even clean out the fireplace readying it for next winter. :slight_smile: Being that the day after Mother’s Day is my birthday, I think it would be fun to experience all these same enjoyable tasks which always makes a woman’s day so very special ( haha) again. I hope you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day… I know my husband and children will … they do year, after year, after year…

on Mothers Day I will make Apple Pancakes, or hit the Buffet for breakfast. When it comes to dinner I always let my wife pick what she wants me to cook. I came up with the following recipe about 3 years ago. So far it has been my wifes choice for her birthday and Mothers Day ever since, so the recipe includes a few variations. Hope everyone enjoys.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Chicken Maryland ala Phil Linz

8 skinless boneless chicken breasts
Season flour with salt, pepper, and Old Bay
Flour breasts and deep fry in vegetable oil, about 2 mins. each side
place breasts in a baking pan and let rest approx 5 mins.
cover breasts with sliced mushrooms
peel and dice 2 large vadalia onions and cover breasts, place remaining onions along the sides
cut 1 lb of bacon into half slices use 4 half slices on each breast, place the rest over the extra onions
bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 - 1 1\2 hrs.
place under broiler for a few mins. to brown bacon
remove from broiler, cover with provolone cheese (I prefer Coopers Sharp Cheese)
place in oven to melt cheese

Pockets can also be cut into the breasts and stuffed with crab imperial. Use toothpicks to close.

Also works great with boneless pork loin chops

Sauce

1 can cream of mushroom soup, Use ¾ can of milk instead of water
add sliced mushrooms about 8 – 10oz
season to taste with pepper and Old Bay
simmer about 30 mins. if desired, thicken with a mixture of corn starch and cold water
put sauce over chicken Serve immed.

Maryland Roasted Potatoes

Double sauce recipe above and use mushroom soup with roasted garlic instead
peel and 1\4 potatoes and simmer in sauce for about 15 Mins. stirring often
turn off heat, cover and let potatoes rest in sauce for an hour or so
place potatoes in 350 degree oven for about an hour, turning once

*the potatoes will thicken the sauce, so further thickening may not be necessary

sauce is also great over grilled Pork Chops.

:lol: I am having my new mother-in-law and sister-in-law over for our first Mother’s Day together. My mother passed away several years ago. My new father-in-law and his wife have adopted me as their own. They say if my husband messes up, he is out of the family and I stay!
We are having pot roast, in the dutch oven. Potatoes and carrots too, cooked separately. I hate them together, they all just taste the same. I am sure someone will want cornbread or biscuits…This is the SOuth… I think dessert will be angel food cake with fruit… I can’t get my MIL to tell me what her favorite dessert is so I am ad-libing.

I just opened a tea room in Jamesport Missouri and I am adding a mexican menu for mothers day weekend because it follows so close to Cinco De Mayo. My homemade chicken enchiladas are as follows:
1 can white chicken breast drained
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can green chilies diced
1 cup enchilada sauce (1/2 can) (save rest for later)
1/2 cup sliced green onion (optional)
1 cup sour cream
Mix and set aside. Prefry about 1 dozen corn tortilla shells just til soft then dry with paper towels. Fill and roll each tortilla with filling above. Place a layer of filling in the bottom of a 9x13 greased pan place rolled enchiladas on sauce and when pan is full, add the rest of the enchilada sauce to the left over mixture and pour over top of enchiladas. Sprinkle heavy with more cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for an hour to an hour and a half. Freezes well before or after baking.

Margaret,

Go to http://www.foders.com/
They have a very nice listing of restaurants, just type in Albany NY in the search box. I’m going to San Diego in three weeks and picked all my restaurants and attractins from their links.

Weddman2

For mothers day I am grillin up rib eyes and I am going to try the gorgonzola butter sauce for the topping, lush salad, soft fried(with water) potatoes and a triple chocolate brownie cake :smiley: Mom will love it!!!

1. This Mother’s Day my husband actually out did himself. We made plans together for Sunday at our Favorite Italian restaraunt in Manchester called Fratello’s. Their having a Grande Buffet for Mother’s Day in which you needed to call and make reservations. We we will go with our three daughters and have a wonderful dinner. But what I didn’t know was that on Saturday he planned to take me away for the evening just us. :smiley: No children. My father has graciously voulenteered to watch the kids while we go up to North Conway and stay at the Red Jacket. It’s been a while since we’ve been away together and in my opinion well over due. This by far is one of the best Mother’s Day presents I have gotten in awhile. The best part is I won’t be away from the kids on Mother’s Day where we’ll be coming home to go out to eat. What a great husband and Father to help out. I hope everyone enjoys their specail day as much as I hope to enjoy mine. :wink:

Mom is on special diet for surgery on monday so her day is postponed. However I intend to roast my first Duck for my son and I. I have never attempted this before. Any suggestions for a crispy skin? I also understand that I should save the rendered fat for other uses. I would appreciate any good advice. John

Every year my children, myself, my parents and my sisters and their families (if they are here visiting) all go out to a wonderful brunch at one of the restaurants here.

It is nice to all get together and visit. The moms are also presented with carnations. It is a wonderful time!!

We’re all meeting at a new Dim Sum restaurant in Walnut Creek, Ca. That’s closer than going into San Francisco for our favorite – dim sum.

We’ll have our dinner on Saturday. Our son is in the Marine Corps so we’re driving down to see him. I’m sure that’s more important than worrying about what to eat. Anyway, Saturday dinner is pomegranate marinated pork roast, roast potatoes and cauliflower. Apple pie for dessert. A happy mothers day to all and a special one to all moms who have children in the armed forces

MY DAUGHTER AND IS TAKING ME OUT TO FOGO DE CIAO RESTAURANT FOR DINNER. I WILL SEE HOW MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF MEAT I’LL BE ABLE TO CONSUME. HERE’S WISHING MOTHERS EVERYWHERE A VERY HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!

My daughter-in-law was recently admitted to a nursing home for a neurological disease, so my 7 year old granddaughter and I will be baking a cake on Saturday for her to share with her nursing staff at the home. My son, granddaughter and I plan on spending most of the day with her and when we return home, my son will be cooking dinner for us on the grill. I think this is the best way to spend the day, as my granddaughter really misses her Mom not living at home and since both my Mom and my husband’s Mom have passed on, nothing would give me more pleasure than making both my granddaughter and daughter-in-law happy on this special day.

Happy Mother’s Day to all.

:smiley: 8) hellow everyone. thant you guys for sending us your ideas on what u going to cook on mothers day. keep it up 8) 8) 8)