My Christmas Supper

Well this is the first Christmas Eve I have had without my parents. So it was something I had to do to keep myself busy. For myself and my two children, I decided to cook a large supper, as my mama had done for us for years. I lost my father on Sep. 27th, 2006 due to illness. Since his passing, my mama decided to go to Arizona to spend some time with my younger sister. After preparing my meal, my children and I went to our aunt & uncles (with meal in hand) and shared our feast. It was a very busy day and eventful night with the family going from one house to the other exchanging gifts. I am thankful and grateful for their love and support.

I made a country ham (covered with brown sugar, cloves and pineapples), southern-style turnip greens, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (topped with light brown sugar, margarine and mini-marshmallows), whole kernel corn, macaroni and cheese (my four year old’s favorite) and some brown & serve rolls. Then I made a banana pudding (my twenty-one year old’s favorite), cherry pie and a apple pie. It was delicious! :smiley:

Just goes to show that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. So glad you decided to make some new traditions instead of feeling sorry for yourself and being miserable all day. I’m sure your aunt and uncle really enjoyed it. Your menu sounded delicious to me , especially the banana pudding part!