My Mom's Chinese Chicken (stove top)

My Mom makes this as a quick meal. We have it over rice or crunchy chow mein noodles

package of 3 half boneless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces, dust them with corn starch, about 2 to 3 tablespoons, really coat them!!

In a big fry pan put a little oil and put chicken in, the corn starch makes it stick, so as it cooks add a little chicken broth at a time so their is always a little liquid (from start to finish you will use about 1 can of chicken broth sometimes more you want to have a little liquid to make a nice gravy but you don’t want it swimming in it), as it cooks add 1 tablespoon soy sauce,
dash of garlic powder, cooked mushrooms (that we have cooked in a separate pan) and 2 to 3 green onions sliced (even part of the greens).

It really does not take long at all, just basically for the chicken to cook through

The original recipe called for Chinese pea pods to be added at the end, but we never add them. This is normally a throw together dinner with things we have on hand.

With the chicken broth left over from the second can, I usually use that instead of water to make my minute rice.