Need a recipe for hazelnut cream

I am looking for a recipe for hazelnut cream. Can other nuts be substituted for the hazel nuts?

What exactly is Nutella?

AJ

Nutella is a creamy chocolate/hazelnut spread.

It vcan be spread on bagels, english muffins, breads/toasts, croissants, etc. During WWII hzelnuts were ground and added to cocoa because of the shortage of cocoa - stretching the amount of cocoa for recipes.

It is used in all kinds of baking - if you want any recipes - give me a holler!

Hazelnut cream is a bit different -

Cannoli with Hazelnut Cream

Shells:
3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter

2 eggs, well beaten
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons cold water
beaten egg white
oil for frying

Sift the first 4 ingredients together in a bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the pieces resemble small peas. Combine the beaten egg with the wine and water and add it to the flour mixture, a little at a time, until dough is formed. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. On a floured surface, roll the chilled dough 1/8 inch thick. Using a 6 inch by 4 1/2 inch oval pattern made from cardboard, cut out ovals from the dough. Wrap each around a lightly oiled cannoli tube and seal securely using a little beaten egg white. Fry a few at a time in hot oil until golden brown, being sure not to overcrowd the pan. Be very attentive so they don’t burn. Remove from the oil and place on paper towels on a rack to cool. Remove the cannoli tubes and reuse them until all the shells are done. The shells keep well in a tightly covered container.

Cream:
1 cup shelled hazelnuts
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup shelled natural pistachio nuts coarsely chopped
6 cannoli shells
confectioners sugar

Nutella Crescent Pastries

2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 jar Nutella

Separate triangles. Spread each triangle with a scant tablespoon of Nutella. Bake according to package directions.

Nutella

3 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup hazelnut praline paste
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 cup hazelnut liqueur

Melt the chocolate in top of double boiler. Mix in the other ingredients slowly after chocolate has cooled slightly. Mixture should be very thick. Spoon into jar and refrigerate. DO NOT freeze.

Did this help at all???

Lots of help. And I would love recipes for Nutella. At 59 years of life, I tasted Nutella this past weekend for the first time. I saw an idea on Martha Stewart and ended up making a cake made out of crepes (32 crepes high) and separating the layers with Nutella and whipped cream and covering it with a Ganache. Awesome! Even the crepes were chocolate. I hate to think of the calories but it was, oh, so, good.

As usual, you are right there every time. Thank you so much and keep on being my inspiration.

AJ

Was this the recipe in this months Martha Stewart? I had just bought this book last night and was going to try that cake. But it seems a little differnt than what your speaking of.
I had never had nutela until i moved to canada and i just love it…even just on a croissant!!

The recipe I posted was handed down from my grandmother. I don’t read anything by Martha Stewart - sorry - in my opinion - she is not a cook - just a copycat.

I know too many people who have dealt with her.

KW

AJ -

You only live once - don’t worry about the calories! Chocolate and nutella - what a wonderful dream!!!

Creamy Nutella Cheesecake

Crust
1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

Filling
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1/2 cup milk
1 (13 ounce) jar Nutella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small mixing bowl, combine crust ingredients. Pat into the bottom of springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.

In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla extract until just combined. Add egg yolks and egg, beat on low until just combined. Add milk and Nutella and mix completely.

Pour filling into springform pan. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Place springform pan on a deep cookie sheet and then place in oven. Create a water bath by adding water to the outer cookie sheet, just enough to fill the pan halfway up the side of the springform pan. This will help buffer the heat from the bottom of the oven.

Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until center appears set when shaken lightly. Remove from water bath and cool on a wire rack. Remove cake from pan, cool, and store in the refrigerator.

Makes about 12 slices.

Nutella Fruit Mini Pizzas

Split an English muffin in half. Spread a layer of cream cheese, then a layer of Nutella on each half and warm in a toaster oven. Top each half with sliced strawberries.

Banana Nutella Triple Decker

4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 slices brioche
2 tablespoons butter
1 ripe banana, cut in half lengthwise and then into slices
1/2 cup Nutella

Whisk together the eggs and milk in a shallow dish.

Dip the brioche in the egg wash on both sides and allow it to absorb.

Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the butter. When it is foaming, add the brioche to the pan and cook, turning once or twice, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from pan.

Put a piece of brioche on a plate. Top with half of the Nutella and half of the banana slices and sprinkle with salt. Cover with a second piece of brioche. Repeat the Nutella and bananas layer, then top with bread.

Sprinkle salt on top and serve warm.

Nutella Linzer Cookies

Cookie Dough
2 cups blanched hazelnuts, toasted and cooled (see instructions)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
6 tablespoons Nutella

Filling
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar (optional)

Grind the hazelnuts, cornstarch and salt in a food processor for 30 seconds or until finely ground. Add the eggs and 6 tablespoons Nutella and pulse until the mixture comes together. Pat the dough into a circle, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Divide the dough in half and roll out each piece between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper to 1/4-inch thickness (or 8 x 10 inches). Using a 2-inch fluted cookie cutter, cut out 12 cookies per piece. On one baking sheet, using a 1-inch cookie cutter, cut into the center of each cookie and remove that cutout leaving a hole for the jam. Transfer the cookies to a fresh parchment paper or aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Cool on a rack.

Spread the cookies without the holes (these are the bottoms) with 1 teaspoon of Nutella, then 1 teaspoon raspberry jam. Sift confectioners’ sugar over the cookies with the holes and place them on top of the bottoms, creating 12 delicious sandwich cookies.

• To toast the hazelnuts, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow the nuts to cool completely before handling.

Makes 12 servings.

Baked French Toast with Nutella

Makes 4 to 8 servings.

Make-ahead trick: Fill the French toast and make up the custard in advance. In the morning, about 40 minutes before eating, dip toast in custard and bake it while the coffee brews and you set the table.

Toast
4 ounces cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
6 tablespoons Nutella, at room temperature
8 slices white bread

Custard
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Confectioners’ sugar
Maple syrup (optional)

To make sandwich: Mix cream cheese and Nutella until combined. Spoon mixture on 4 bread slices and spread all the way to outside edges, then top with remaining slices to make sandwiches. Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to bake.

To make custard: In flat container with an airtight lid large enough to hold a bread slice, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

To assemble: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with sides with nonstick cooking spray.

Dip sandwiches into custard, turning once, for 2 minutes on the first side and 1 on the second to soak up as much of the custard as possible. Lay drained slices on pan and bake for 15 minutes, then turn them over and bake for 20 minutes more, or until toast is golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle lightly with sifted confectioners’ sugar and serve with syrup, if desired. Recipe can easily be doubled.

Banana Nutella Chimichanga

Nutella
1 banana
1 flour tortilla
Cinnamon-sugar mixture

Spread Nutella to within 2 inches of the edge of the tortilla. Place banana in tortilla. Roll up the tortilla. Seal edges with water. Deep fry until tortilla is crispy and blistered. Drain; then roll in cinnamon-sugar.

Serve with ice cream.

Nutella Bundt Cake

1 cup Nutella, divided
4 large eggs, divided
1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons Frangelico liqueur or hazelnut syrup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan.

In small bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup Nutella and 1 egg. Blend until completely smooth and set aside. In large bowl, using electric mixer on low speed, stir together cake mix, remaining 3 eggs, buttermilk and remaining 1/3 cup Nutella until moistened. Scrape down sides and beater(s) and increase speed to medium, beating for another 2 minutes.

Remove 1 cup batter and mix with RESERVED Nutella-egg mixture. Pour leftover batter evenly into prepared cake pan. Spoon RESERVED Nutella batter over it and, using a knife, gently swirl batters together to create marble pattern. Smooth top of cake and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. (Cake is done when moist crumbs cling to inserted wooden pick.)

Allow cake to cool in pan for 15 minutes. When ready to handle, carefully invert onto cooling rack and remove pan. While cake continues to cool, make glaze by whisking together confectioners sugar and Frangelico liquor until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake.

Serving ideas: For a spring touch, sprinkle top of cake with candied orange and lemon slices.

Alternative: To make mini Bundt cakes, use 2 mini Bundt pans (6 cakes each) instead of a 10-inch Bundt pan and follow above instructions, dividing batters into 12 smaller cake forms. Bake cakes for 20 to 25 minutes.

Nutella Mexican Wedding Cookies

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup toasted pecans, finely ground (see instructions)
1 cup confectioners’ sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In large bowl, using electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until almost white in color (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add Nutella and mix on low speed to incorporate. Stir in flour and pecans, mixing just to blend. (Do not over mix.)

Roll 1 tablespoon dough in hands, forming a small football-like shape. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spreading each dough shape at least 1 inch apart. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool for about 5 minutes.

Put confectioners’ sugar in baking pan or on large plate. While cookies are still warm, roll in sugar. (Sugar will begin to melt slightly and form sweet coating.) Place cookies on wire rack to finish cooling.

Once completely cooled, store in airtight container for up to 1 week.

NOTE: To save time, make, shape and freeze dough in advance. After making dough rounds, freeze on tray for 15 minutes. Transfer into resealable bag and place back in freezer, taking dough out to defrost and bake as needed.

To toast the pecans: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spread pecans on baking sheet and toast for 5 to 10 minutes, or until “toasting” aroma emanates from oven. Allow nuts to cool completely before handling. Place pecans in food processor fitted with metal blade and pulse until finely ground. Set aside.

Nutella Iced Cupcakes

These make their own icing!

10 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
About 1/3 cup Nutella

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.

Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Batter may not look smooth, but that is okay. Add vanilla extract. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter. Muffin liners should be 3/4 full. Top each cupcake with 1 1/2 teaspoons Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a wooden pick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the Nutella. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 12.

Sorry but i wasnt refering to your recipe…I was to the one AJ said she saw on Martha…

No need to apologize at all Kelly - someone else asked me about Martha - and I am definitely not a fan of hers! I realize others may idolize her and they love her to death - that’s fine with me - I just don’t like her. That’s just my opinion - I’m not looking for all kinds of feedback. Please don’t think of this as an agrument of any sort - it is not - just my opinion. To me - it’s just like me not liking coconut!

KW

Nutella Muffins

2 cups bran
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1/2 cup golden syrup (light corn syrup)
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup Nutella

Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin or place paper muffin cups.

Pour the bran into a large bowl and sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the the walnuts or pecans and lightly mix through with your fingers.

Heat the golden syrup in a small bowl in the microwave until it is quite runny. Add the milk and egg to the syrup and beat together. Add to the dry ingredients in the large bowl and stir together carefully but quickly, stopping before it all looks properly mixed. Do not to overmix or the muffins will look and feel like hockey pucks. Half fill each muffin mold with the mixtures. Using a wet teaspoon make small holes in the top of each muffin. Carefully spoon a teaspoon of Nutella into each hole and cover the filling in each muffin completely with the remaining muffin mixture. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.

Makes 12 muffins.

Nutella Pumpkin Pie

1 package pie crust dough mix (for 9-inch pie)
1/2 cup Nutella
1 cup sweetened condensed milk, divided
2 egg yolks
2 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Prepare the pie crust according to the directions on the box and line it in a 9-inch pie plate. Using a fork, press the dough around the edge of the plate. Line the pie with aluminum foil and fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights so the crust holds shape while baking. Pre-bake the shell for 10 minutes. Remove the dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights and the aluminum foil from the pie crust and turn the oven down to 325 degrees F.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, blend the Nutella with 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and 2 egg yolks, stirring until mixed thoroughly. Carefully spread mixture evenly into the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes until puffy and just set.

In a second medium bowl, stir together the remaining sweetened condensed milk, 2 whole eggs, canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Gently spoon the mixture of the baked brownie layer of the pie and continue to bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool completely and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutella-Filled Crepes

4 eggs
2 2/3 cups milk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup filbert flour
2 pinches sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon filbert oil
Nutella

Combine eggs with milk in a bowl; add flour, filbert flour, sugar, and salt; whisk until smooth; add filbert oil. Cover and chill for 3 hours.

Heat a small nonstick sauté pan on medium and ladle batter into the pan lifting and tilting quickly to distribute evenly. Cook until bubbles form on top. Gently lift out and fill crepes with Nutella. Top with crushed roasted hazelnuts, filbert nuggets and confectioners’ sugar.

Nutella Chocolate Sauce

1 cup Nutella
1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream.

Heat both ingredients over low heat, adding more cream as needed until the consistency of heavy cream.

If I come out of this weighing 300 pounds will you exercise with me? (LOL) There is so much good food in the world and I know I will never get to taste all of the food stuff.

Thank you and my grandson thanks you. He wants to try some of the Nutella recipes, too. Have you sent Nutella some of your recipes?

AJ

Grilled Pineapples with Nutella

Seen this on the Food Network show “Everyday Italian”.

Grill sliced pineapple until both sides are caramelized.

Add a little cream to some Nutella, only to the consistency that it drizzles easier. Warm it in the microwave.

Arrange grilled pineapple slices on a platter; drizzle with Nutella mixture; add a few dollops of whipped cream or mascarpone cheese with vanilla; sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.

It looked soooooo goooood!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like Nutella too but it’s so darn expensive!