Need help w/HOT Peppers

Hey Everyone

I hope this is the right place for this. I have a problem and am hoping someone will be able to help me.

I love hot peppers and cook w/them often. The thing is I can’t seem to get the “burn” off my hands. with out thinking I will touch my eyes or face and OMG its awful. Can someone please tell me what to wash my hands with to clean them? I have tried just about everything!

thanks in advance
j

always use plastic or rubber gloves, even a plastic baggie, or coat your hands with oil, butter, etc.

can try washing hands with lemon juice, milk, or rubbing with oil or butter then washing

Great, THANK YOU. I will be wearing my latex gloves from now on. Such a simple solution. :shock:

can also add a “little” bleach to warm soapy water when washing hands if burning after handlng peppers

while living in arkansas, i also had trouble with burning hands after chopping peppers. one night was so severe, i call local emergency room. they told me to take bread and put it in the bottom of a dish and cover the bread with milk. next soak my hands on the bread. it worked wonderfully

A friend’s husband was pickling hot peppers in December a few years ago. After preparing the peppers, he went to the washroom without washing his hands first. Needless to say, the poor guy suffered a great deal. His wife was sympathetic but also hysterical. She laughed so much she couldn’t stop crying. LOL He would go out on the balcony and open up his housecoat just to let the cold hit his body. She said it swelled quite a bit! :stuck_out_tongue: :lol: :lol: After this incident, the phrase “Honey, do you want to pickle some hot peppers?” became a known phrase around our little community. :lol:

I was cutting some hot peppers today and my hands are burning, now I know how to solve the problem. Thanks to all!

I LEARNED A LONG TIME AGO WHEN I WAS DOING A LOT OF MEXICAN DISHES THAT THEY USE CITRIC ACID (GENERALLY LIME JUICE)TO REDUCE THE BURN OF HOT PEPPERS, IR WORKS THE ACID NEUTRALIZES THE BURN WIPE HANDS IN LEMON OR LIME JUICE FOLLOWED BY SOAP & WATER.
THIS ALSO WORKS TO REDUCE THE BURN IN THE FOOD
TOM

Milk! works all the time everytime!