Olive Garden's Chicken Crostina

I have not tried this recipe, BUT I did have the dish at Olive Garden and it was absolutely fabulous…drool worthy even. If you make it, don’t forget the potato crust, it really makes the dish. I personally didn’t care for the leftovers because it seemed a bit too greasy when reheated, but my sister said that she thought it was still good. This recipe is the one that Olive Garden had listed on their site as a featured item a few months ago, so it is not a copycat.

Olive Garden’s Chicken Crostina

Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups & 1 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp pepper
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp roasted garlic, minced
1 cup white wine
1 ½ cups heavy cream
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb linguine
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup roma tomatoes, cored & diced
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped

Potato Crust
1 ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup melted butter
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1 small potato, peeled & grated
Salt & pepper to taste
Procedures
• MIX all ingredients for Potato Crust in a bowl and set aside.

• MIX 1 ½ cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess. Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts 2 at a time over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp, or until internal temperature reaches 165° F. Add more oil for each batch as necessary.

• PLACE cooked chicken breasts on a baking sheet or dish and top with potato crust mixture. Transfer baking sheet to a pre-heated broiler until golden brown (1-2 minutes).

• COOK pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

• HEAT 2 Tbsp oil in a sauce pan. Add roasted garlic, cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1 Tbsp of flour and wine and bring to a boil. Add cream, parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp parsley, and tomatoes. Sauce is done when it is bubbling throughout and begins to thicken.

• COAT pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.