one of Ricky Martin's favorites!!!!

Hi Everyone!
I’m new here and to introduce myself, I thought I would post a recipe that is loved (I want to believe) by my obsession… Ricky Martin! I’m sure many will think I am a real goofball and they are probably right!

Fricase de Pollo
1-1/2 lbs of chicken pieces (pre-season with salt & pepper)
3 tsp. chopped garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup white wine
2 bay leaves
4 potatoes, peeled
1 onion
1 green pepper
parsley
1 chicken flavor bouillon cube

In a blender put in the onion, green pepper, garlic, parsley and wine. Mix. Heat a deep casserole dish on high and pour in blended ingredients. Add chicken bouillon, tomato sauce, bay leaves, olives, oil, black pepper and salt. Add the chicken and 2 cups of water, stir to mix everything together and cover the casserole. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour. Check to see if the chicken is cooked. Cut the peeled potatoes into quarters and put them in the casserole with the chicken. You can leave the casserole uncovered so the potatoes cook and the sauce thickens. When the potatoes are cooked you can serve with white rice on the side.

I know nothing is exact but with even a little cooking experience I think it is easy enough. ENJOY!

I am a big Ricky Martin fan too! However, I read that he was vegan. Who knows!

Anyway, thanks for the recipe. I will be sure to try making it. My parents are Puerto Rican and my mom would always cook a chicken stew similar to your recipe. She has not cooked it in years.