• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves and/or thighs
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1 garlic clove, minced fine
• 2 small red dried chile peppers (optional)
• ½ cup Kahlua
• ½ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• Finely minced green onion for garnish
• Hot cooked rice for serving
Pat the chicken dry. Melt the butter in a large, oven-proof sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and chile peppers a minute or so, until fragrant but not brown. Add the chicken pieces and brown lightly (about 3 minutes per side).
Combine the Kahlua, orange and lemon juices and zest. Pour over chicken, cover and simmer about 10 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
Remove chicken from pan. Dissolve the cornstarch in ¼ cup water, stir in the soy sauce, and whisk into the pan juices. Cook over medium heat a minute or two, until thickened. Return chicken to pan, turning to coat well with sauce. , and run under broiler for a scant 1 to 2 minutes, until nicely burnished. Garnish with green onion and serve over rice. Makes 4 servings.