2 pkg chicken flavored. ramen noodles
4 C. shredded cabbage
1/3 C. chopped onion
6 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 C. chicken cooked chopped fine
3/4 C. almonds slice & toast
1/4 C. sunflower seed kernels

In a small bowl, whisk together oil, rice vinegar, sugar, pepper and contents of seasoning packets from noodles. Set aside. In a large saucepan, bring a large amount of water to boiling. Add the noodles and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or just tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Pour 1/4 cup of the oil/vinegar mixture over noodles and toss to coat. Add the chicken, cabbage, sliced almonds, chopped onion and sunflower seed kernels to noodle mixture and mix well. Pour the remaining oil/vinegar mixture over the salad. Toss to combine. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.

OK, I’m going to try this recipe again. A friend passed this exact recipe to me, she swears by it. However, when I made it, it was too oily & everything tasted that way. I followed it exactly. Not sure what went wrong but I’ve had it elsewhere & it’s really good.

The oiliness may be due to using virgin olive oil as the original recipe specified. I used extra virgin olive oil, and changed the recipe to reflect that. Extra virgin olive oil has 0.8 % acidity, and virgin has around 1.5 % so the acidity being almost twice as much could make it more oily tasting.

Thanks for that info, I’ll try it again. Actually have been thinking about it during the day & was hoping for a reply.

With all this heat & humidity it’s a perfect recipe.

Thanks.