Outback Steakhouse Wedge Salad

In a small saucepan combine, bring to gentle simmer and reduce to a thick syrup:

1/2 cup BALSALMIC VINEGAR
1/8 cup raw HONEY
1/4 teaspoon SEA SALT

Brown, crumble and set aside:

6-8 strips BACON (choose organic or uncured Applegate Farms Sunday Bacon or Turkey Bacon) (optional)

Ranch Dressing (dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan).

1 cup Mayo
1/4 cup Dairy-Free “Buttermilk” (see recipe below)
1/2 tsp. dried Parsley (or 1 tsp. fresh)
1/2 tsp dried Chives (or 1 tsp. fresh)
1/2 tsp. dried Dill (or 1 tsp. fresh)
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper

Combine all ingredients except for the dairy-free buttermilk in a medium bowl.
Slowly whisk in the “buttermilk.”
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Dairy-Free Buttermilk:
Add 1 and 1/2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice to a liquid measuring cup.
Add enough Dairy-Free Milk to bring the total amount of liquid to 1/4 cup (I use So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk since I cannot detect any “coconutty” flavor in it and personally, I think this is the most neutral tasting dairy-free milk substitute out there).
Stir and allow to sit for 5 - 10 minutes, until milk curdles then it’s ready to use!

Note
I use Soy-Free Vegenaise for convenience purposes but you can also make your own dairy-free, egg-free, corn-free and soy-free mayo. If egg is okay, just use real mayo

Prepare produce and set aside:

1 TOMATO diced
1/4 RED ONION thinly sliced
1 head ICEBERG LETTUCE quartered

Assembly:

On one large plate or on four individual serving dishes, arrange and top lettuce wedges evenly with and in this order, a spoonful (or two) of ranch dressing, tomato, red onion, bacon and a drizzle of the balsamic glaze. If you tolerate dairy, a spoonful of blue cheese crumbles tops this salad off perfectly!