Outrageous Chicken Salad

Dinner will be chicken salad served on a bed of mixed greens, homemade pumpernickel bread, ice tea and fresh fruit salad.

Outrageous Chicken Salad

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

3 cups diced, cooked chicken breast meat
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 1/2 cups diced Swiss cheese
1 1/2 cups halved green grapes

In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and lemon juice.
In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, green onions, water chestnuts, Swiss cheese, and grapes. Add the mayonnaise mixture, and stir to coat. Chill until serving.

:wink: sounds very good… will make it soon…send some more goodies in…

think I’m going to really like this site.

This sounds like a great luncheon dish for my christian womens club which I cater once a month. Will use this next month to start off the spring season. Thanks \o/\o/

Looks good. Will try out ASAP.

Cheers
Rowena

This is a favorite for any potluck or ladies luncheon at our church. It is the most requested and someone always asks for the recipe. We have probably been making it for the past five years or so.

Dear Pat,

I made this salad and posted a review in the site as follows:

After I finished making the salad, I told my husband that I now know why it’s called “outrageous” chicken salad…because there’s an outrageous amount of cutting up to do. That’s not one of my favorite things to do, however, I’ll do it again and again because it was spectacular! Thanks to KW for the recipe.

For some reason I thought KW posted it…sorry about that. Thanks to you! It really was great and I will make it again and again. Next time, I’ll have my husband do the cutting. He really likes that :slight_smile:

Hi,

I am going to make your outrageous chicken salad in a few for dinner this evening I baked my pumpernickel bread early this morning.

Will let you know how we like it later this evening!!!

Thanks for the recipe.

Will be trying this soon, sounds terrific, as does everything else I have seen in your post!!!

I tried the outrageous chicken salad yesterday it was the best I have had so try it “You’ll Like It”

Belle

HI Roy, this isn’t my recipe it is patm099, but she sure does have a wonderful recipe.

Belle

Hi Pat,

I tried your delicious chicken salad recipe yesterday and it was so good the best that I’ve ever tasted, there is a lot of chopping that I do not like to do, so got my hubbie to do the chopping for me.

Thanks for such a wonderful recipe, will certainly make this again.

You have a wonder evening!!!

Belle

Hi Pat, I tryed your recipe yesterday and it is Soooooooo Good. Thanks and I look forward to some more of your “Outrageous” recipes. Have a wonderful day!!