Oven Cooked Beef Chuck Roast Question

Hey Y’all,
I feel sure this has been asked but sorry I can’t find it so here goes:

I seared a 3.30# beef chuck roast first (after seasoning the flour) then placed it in a “ancient” Corning-ware roaster <remember the white ones with just the blue cornflower on it;) > then placed it in the oven. It has all the “fresh” fixings <potatoes, onions, carrots and mushrooms.

My questions (okay it changed and there is more than 1 now):stuck_out_tongue:

1. Should I be cooking this @ 325 since its glass or leave it at 350?
  2. When you figure the length of cooking time, is it based strictly on the roast weight or do you add in extra time for all the veggies thrown in there with it?
  3. I added 1 1/2 pkgs. of Lipton’s dry envelope “beefy onion” for seasoning with 1 1/2 cups of water. Is that too much liquid? Sure hoping not but at least will know for next time.
  4. I just checked it and it looks and smells wonderful but I’m concerned about the meat being done.

Ever since I was little I couldn’t handle “beef fat” it would make me sick as a dog. I’ve always had to use, and this is horrible but true, London broil or the leanest meat I could for roasts, beef stew, you name it, even on the grill.

So I’m trying for the first time in years to see if my body has changed. It has everywhere else, here’s hoping my stomach has too! :razz:

Thanks so much for your help. I really do appreciate it. By the way, its been in the oven for a little over an hour. I so wished I had found this site yesterday but this truly was a spur of the moment thing–here’s hoping I didn’t make a mistake not asking first and cooking last!

Again thanks so very much. Have a good one!

RED