Oven Pancake

This recipe was given to me by a very dear friend. Unfortuantly she is no longer with us, but every time I make it I think of her.

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
pinch of nutmeg
4 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons confectioners sugar
juice of half a lemon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine the flour, milk, eggs and nutmeg. Beat lightly, leaving the batter a little lumpy. melt butter in a 12 inch skillet with a heatproof handle. When very ot, pour in the batter and bake 15-20 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Serve with jelly, jam or marmalode. Serves three.

This is a fun pancake to make. My children loved it and now my grandchildren are also enjoying it. It grows like mad in the oven, but don’t be intimidated----eat it anyway!

I tried this pancake recipe and was very pleased with the result. I tried it again after Turkey Day to use up the left-over turkey. I omitted the nutmeg, baked as usual and served with creamed turkey. For once I didn’t get, “Oh, no! Recycled turkey!” My family loved the presentation! Thank you, Mary Ann, for the idea. This is a versatile recipe that is limited only by our imagination.